Newlywed Pranks

HPNFlyGirl

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iBrookieMonster
In 6 weeks my brother will be getting married. After the wedding Brian and Babs will be headed off to their honeymoon. While they are away, I plan on doing a few things around the house.

I plan on doing these things so far:

filling up their bathroom with balloons
put aluminum foil on their utensils
confetti their socks
lipstick the mirrors
hard boil the eggs (if they have any)
pull the labels off the cans
change out the cabinets (put spices in the dish cabinets & vice versa)
sticky note their room
unplug the tv and cable boxes
turn on all the alarms in the house
dress up animals in their lingerie
put captions on all the pictures
rearrange the furniture

Nothing too bad. I wont toliet paper the yard, put chips or rice or cornflakes in the bed or switch out the salt with the sugar.

Oh and it all has to be pet friendly.

Anything else you guys can think of?

In 6 weeks my brother will be getting married. After the wedding Brian and Babs will be headed off to their honeymoon. While they are away, I plan on doing a few things around the house.

I plan on doing these things so far:

filling up their bathroom with balloons
put aluminum foil on their utensils
confetti their socks
lipstick the mirrors
hard boil the eggs (if they have any)
pull the labels off the cans
change out the cabinets (put spices in the dish cabinets & vice versa)
sticky note their room
unplug the tv and cable boxes
turn on all the alarms in the house
dress up animals in their lingerie
put captions on all the pictures
rearrange the furniture

Nothing too bad. I wont toliet paper the yard, put chips or rice or cornflakes in the bed or switch out the salt with the sugar.

Oh and it all has to be pet friendly.

Anything else you guys can think of?

Take pictures, so we have something to remember you by... :cornut:

I think that's a bit too much Brook. It should be funny not a PIA.

I would leave out:

confetti in the socks
taking labels off cans
lipstick on mirrors, maybe one cute message but that stuff is a pain to get off

Joe

ps. I was in Chapel Hill last week but family obligations kept me from contacting you. Sorry I missed you.

Don't forget -- in the bottom/middle of the solid mass of balloons, MUST be one water balloon...

They WILL grow tired of popping all those balloons, and they WILL start attacking them with a knife/pin. :thumbsup:

Don't forget -- in the bottom/middle of the solid mass of balloons, MUST be one water balloon...

They WILL grow tired of popping all those balloons, and they WILL start attacking them with a knife/pin. :thumbsup:

LMAO. That would be fun to watch.

For my brother-in-law, who is so much of a perfectionist he borders on OCD, we turned everything in his apartment around. Turned pictures either upside down or backwards in the frames, moved furniture to different walls...reversed the whole apartment short of moving walls. Of course, it was even funnier because we did it while he was at his bachelor party and came home so drunk (the guys carried him in) that he didn't notice. Until he woke up the next day and ran into the wall because he thought the bathroom wall should have been there because of where the bed was. :D

Remove the trim and door to their bedroom then sheetrock and paint the opening to make it disappear. It's a fair amount of work but if you do it right it can be restored to original condition without leaving any damage. For something almost as effective but far simpler, buy and install a lock on that door but keep the key for yourself.

Last edited:
Newlywed message for mirror:

Happy Honeymoon: Seven Days Makes a Whole Week

Take pictures, so we have something to remember you by... :cornut:

Oh yeah. I plan on it.

I think that's a bit too much Brook. It should be funny not a PIA.

I would leave out:

confetti in the socks
taking labels off cans
lipstick on mirrors, maybe one cute message but that stuff is a pain to get off

Joe

ps. I was in Chapel Hill last week but family obligations kept me from contacting you. Sorry I missed you.

I thought those were really good ones.

Awwww. What were you doing in Chapel Hill?

That's the GREATEST thing I have heard all day. I will have to do that.

LMAO. That would be fun to watch.

Can Sharon come help me out while they are away? Ill prolly need lots of help.

Wrap the toilet seat in saran wrap covering the opening. They won't notice till it's too late.

I thought about doing that but that would be toooo messy.

For my brother-in-law, who is so much of a perfectionist he borders on OCD, we turned everything in his apartment around. Turned pictures either upside down or backwards in the frames, moved furniture to different walls...reversed the whole apartment short of moving walls. Of course, it was even funnier because we did it while he was at his bachelor party and came home so drunk (the guys carried him in) that he didn't notice. Until he woke up the next day and ran into the wall because he thought the bathroom wall should have been there because of where the bed was. :D

FUNNY!!!!! I plan on rearranging furniture. Brian's at his bachelor party this weekend and Bab's is home. I figured it would be their first obstacle as a married couple. :)

Remove the trim and door to their bedroom then sheetrock and paint the opening to make it disappear. It's a fair amount of work but if you do it right it can be restored to original condition without leaving any damage. For something almost as effective but far simpler, buy and install a lock on that door but keep the key for yourself.

Sounds complicated.

Take the pins out of the interior door hinges.:eek:
Turn all the ceiling fans on "high". Deposit confetti not used in socks on the ceiling fan blades. When the fan is switched "on"...:hairraise:
Place a package of kechup under each of the seat stand-offs on her toilet seat. Poke a pin hole facing forward. When the lady sits the kechup squirts out and onto the back of the legs...:incazzato:

Don't forget to short-sheet the bed...:thumbsup:

This reminds me of when I went to a friends wedding in Maine...we "kidnapped" the Bride (Wedding dress, train, flowers, etc.) and drove to a nearby McDonalds where she either had to miss her wedding of go inside dressed as she was and get us all burgeres and shakes!:tongue:. Silly girl didn't talk to me again for three months...

I have more if you don't mind gunpowder, cayane pepper or leaches. Let me know...

Chris

I thought those were really good ones.

Awwww. What were you doing in Chapel Hill?
My thinking on these kind of pranks is that they need to be funny the next day. If there is too much clean up or repair, it may come off as mean. Have fun but be careful.

I have a nephew at UNC med school. I brought my sister an brother-in-law and Viveca to have lunch. Perfect first flight for both of them. Short flight vs long drive.

Joe

My thinking on these kind of pranks is that they need to be funny the next day. If there is too much clean up or repair, it may come off as mean. Have fun but be careful.

I have a nephew at UNC med school. I brought my sister an brother-in-law and Viveca to have lunch. Perfect first flight for both of them. Short flight vs long drive.

Joe

Good Point.

AWESOME!!!!! Next time you are in town. Let me know. It would be GREAT to see you guys.

Why limit the balloons to just the bathroom? When my daughter got married our son and friends filled their whole bedroom with them.

Why limit the balloons to just the bathroom? When my daughter got married our son and friends filled their whole bedroom with them.

The animals roam the house. I don't want them breaking the balloons. I figured I could at least close the bathroom door.

Best prank ever for the wedding day itself:

Hire an actor about the same age as the groom. At the appropriate part in the ceremony when the leader of the ceremony (I wanted to say "Minister" but that may not be PC these days....) gets to the "if anyone knows of a reason why these two should not be joined......" the actor runs up the aisle, out of breath, shouting "wait, wait etc" gets up to the startled couple, looks at them both, then says loudly "Oh my God, wrong Church" and he makes a quick getaway back down the aisle. He better be quick on his feet!!!

-Skip

I'm with Joe: overly done can leave hard feelings.

However, you omitted the best ones I've seen lately: a fake ring. When the ring bearer gives the ring to the groom, he drops it over a grating, pool, pond, whatever! Has to be planned ahead a bit but can have a dramatic affect and no lasting collateral damage <g>

Of course, the real ring must still be available and it's best if the minister (or whoever leading the ceremony) knows something about it. Actually, when I saw this done was when the future groom proposed in front of friends and he picked a spot that was conducive.

Best,

Dave

Get all the girls you know but voices he won't recognize to leave voice mails on his and her answering machine/voice mail saying what a great time they had (Assign them different nights, and have them all be within 2 weeks of the wedding) and they would love to get together with him again when he's back from his business trip.

I agree about making the cleanup fairly easy. Otherwise it's mean. Instead of using lipstick to write, use Glass Wax. It just wipes off. Great for decorating the getaway auto, too.

Geez they just got married they don't need anymore pain in their lives.

Sorry to be the adult in the room, but weddings can be hugely stressful for bride and groom. I hope the "honeymoon" is someplace not too far away and restful, since travel is also stressful. To come back from all that to a trashed place is a bit much. The balloon in the bathtub idea is a nice one, and filling some with confetti is far better than water. Same idea, same mess, more pleasant. A hung congratulations sign might be a better way to go.

+1 Steingar. after reading this I'm glad that I got married out of state. they did write all over our car. Maybe for our 1 year anniversary we'll finish taking off all the remaining marker on the windows.

+1 Steingar. after reading this I'm glad that I got married out of state. they did write all over our car. Maybe for our 1 year anniversary we'll finish taking off all the remaining marker on the windows.

We got married in the middle of December ...... in Iowa.

We had a rental car b/c we were flying to Hawaii the next day and didn't want to deal with getting someone to drop us off at the airport. Our 'former' ;) friends painted our (rental) car windows after the wedding.

It was really *fun* to scrape the now-frozen window paint off of the windows the next morning at the gas station before returning the car. Of course the window washer stuff at the gas station was frozen into one big block, so we had to use paper towels and un-frozen washer fluid that the nice store clerk brought out to us to get the stuff off. When we got done, my hands were beet red and I wasn't sure if it was from the cold or the red paint.

Oh well... At least we have a story to tell. :cornut: It was our first 'adventure' as a married couple, and we didn't kill each other (although I'm still convinced that it was HER family that painted the windows :D)

No one mentioned changing the fridge/freezer hinges to the other side....or putting drawers in upside down (mean)

Cut the BOTTOM off a Campbells Soup can. Clean it out. Turn it upside down. Fill it with marbles. Put a piece of cardboard over the bottom, and invert it back into "normal upright" position on the pantry shelf. Carefully pull cardboard out. Leave can for next person who makes soup to find.

This one is better if a camera is left rolling on the pantry doors.

I have heard of (and participated in) things like painting mildly bawdy stuff on the car, but never anything like all these. Had some of this other stuff been done to me, it would not have been pretty.

Bottom line, Brook: I counsel moderation- choose one or two clever, but not too hard to remedy, items.

take and hide all of his left shoes... if she's game, take and hide all of her right shoes...

I have heard of (and participated in) things like painting mildly bawdy stuff on the car, but never anything like all these. Had some of this other stuff been done to me, it would not have been pretty.

Bottom line, Brook: I counsel moderation- choose one or two clever, but not too hard to remedy, items.
+1 - I wouldn't be cool with a list of items that big. I'd be pretty annoyed that a family member of friend would have wasted that much time trying to make my life a mess.

+1

keep it humorous not horrible.

+2 to Steingar's comment.

I would be seriously p.o'd coming home to that, and I usually have a good sense of humor.

Keep it simple. Keep it clean. Keep it minimal. Very minimal.

No sense getting on the S-list for the next 20yrs for one day of fun.

Back