Newly Minted Private pilot.

I've seen pilots wheelbarrow 182s onto the runway . That's got to be bad for a lot of things.

I'm thinking if you can afford to fly a complex twin enough to stay current you can afford to buy one and you'll fly it 100 + hours a year just staying current

Last edited:
Yeah everyone mentioned that to me also and then the first time I flew a 182 I was wondering where the heavy nose was. If you just keep the control stick or yoke all the way back after the mains touchdown the front-end should let down gently and that should go for just about every airplane.

I think a lot of people as soon as the mains touchdown they let the back pressure on the yoke go and down comes the nose. Just keep it in your lap.

It is my firm belief that pilots are not properly trained to make full stall landings and to keep the stick (yoke) all the way back after every landing. Maybe this ties in with the lack of training on the proper use of trim that was discussed recently.

The reason the 182 feels nose heavy is because of the downsprings and bob weights in the pitch control system. They were added to prevent excessive wing and tail maneuvering loads at gross weight and to allow for the super wide center of gravity variance between empty and fully loaded configurations...

Back