For Sale Newly minted private pilot in Seattle looking for club/share

Joseph Fletcher

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Pilot5140
Greetings all,

Now with the PPL in hand and 100+ hours, I'm looking for a group of owners or other arrangement in which I can rent/use an aircraft. I've been using a 172, and would be most interested in finding a group with a 177 or other 4 seat Cessna. Not sure how easy it is to transition to low wing 4 seaters, but I'm interested to hear about it. I'm planning to complete HP/complex in the next few months/years so I'm open to such aircraft especially.

J

Are you willing to quarantine yourself for the rest of the crisis and submit to daily testing? If so, I’ll let you in my airplane.

Are you willing to quarantine yourself for the rest of the crisis and submit to daily testing? If so, I’ll let you in my airplane.
This is now out societies expectation. The demand for zero risk to yourself at the cost of alienating everyone on the planet. Tighten up that neck tourniquet. Gotta stop that nose bleed no matter the cost.

Oh god. Someone did not get my sarcasm. Here’s egg on your face. Sorry.

I should have added “the testing will be highly invasive and require you to fill out multiple medical releases for potential damage to body, psyche, and soul”.

Nothing in your post whatsoever to indicate sarcasm.
I agree with Salty on this one. I didn’t see any sarcasm at all. In fact I’m still stinging from the rebuke I got the last conversation I had with you. You seemed pretty serious. Maybe you were sarcastic then too. Perhaps you should put up some sort of sign

<sarcasm> Well, I can see this forum is going to loooootss of help... </sarcasm>. Yes, the flight schools are wiping down the controls with Clorox wipes following every flight, but as far can I can tell, they're considering themselves 'essential' and don't promote the gathering of large groups (unless you consider two people a large group). Fly safe. Thanks for the responses....

I should have added “the testing will be highly invasive and require you to fill out multiple medical releases for potential damage to body, psyche, and soul”.

For whatever it's worth I could tell you weren't being serious.

To the OP, I got my PPL on the 9th of March in a Low Wing Piper Cherokee and 2 weeks ago had my checkout in the Cessna 172 in something like 1.1 hours with my CFI. I only flew the Cessna during my discovery flight and was terrified so I don't count that as time in the Cessna. I say this to say that transitioning to a low wing from a high wing should (in my feeble brain) be similar and not a huge issue. I'm still on the fence as to which plane I like more now as I 've got roughly 55 hours in the Piper and 3 in the Cessna but I know the Cessna will be the family hauler if the wife is along. The kids don't mind climbing into the Piper so I'll still have fun with that plane from time to time.

Back