Newest Foreflight Q+A thread (hint)

Just think. There's a generation being alive now who'd wonder what a "Yellow Pages" even is/was. ;)
Not long before we'll be toothless old men who tell the kids on the holodeck how we used to pay a quarter for a session of Pong and we were happy to do so!

Not long before we'll be toothless old men who tell the kids on the holodeck how we used to pay a quarter for a session of Pong and we were happy to do so!
And they'll probably ask "What's a quarter?"

Did someone already splain' this?
The 3 digit numbers. Are they really tops in hundreds of feet?

Attachments

• radar.JPG
    radar.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 19
None of those 3-dig numbers end in zero.
Center, right: tops are 40,100ft?

Correct.

And what is the 'arrows in a circle' ......top left?

Some radar images I've seen say things like "TVS" (Tornado Vortex Signature) or "MESO" (Mesocyclone).

The icon you're talking about is the Mesocyclone one. The tornado one looks like a tornado... Here's an image from the ForeFlight user manual that explains the things you're seeing on the radar:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-08-13 at 1.57.27 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-08-13 at 1.57.27 PM.png
    318.5 KB · Views: 56
Does anyone know, is there a GPS breadcrumb app that can run in the background, while foreflight is active? A potential work-around for the lack of this feature?

Jason

THAT one really needs to be in the Feature Request thread.Thanks for bringing it up again.

what is the distance given in the bottom right, on the hud??
Both cases have a distance that is not explained by the flight plan or the flight log. No these are not actual flights.

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 10
  • photo2.PNG
    photo2.PNG
    665 KB · Views: 9
what is the distance given in the bottom right, on the hud??
Both cases have a distance that is not explained by the flight plan or the flight log. No these are not actual flights.

The distance from your current location (as opposed to the starting point in your plan) to the destination as planned. In the first photo it is the distance from the blue pebble (you in your living room, office, whatever)) to your destination at 6Y9. Your second photo doesn't show the blue pebble (you) which I assume is off screen, but you are currently 322nm from your destination.

Last edited:
How to I prevent it from offering such inappropriate info?
When I file I could be hundreds of miles from my departure point.

Well... Do you want GPS distance to the next waypoint, or not? That's exactly what it's giving you. If you want something different, just tap it and you'll get a menu allowing you to put one of a number of other data fields there instead. If you are looking for distance to next, then the info isn't "inappropriate" - You're just way off course. ;)

FWIW, that did confuse me at first too... But it makes sense when you consider that it's a GPS distance to the next waypoint, and if you want it to give you that information when you're actually flying the leg, then it'll be a little weird when you're not flying that leg.

If you want the flight-planned distance, that's at the bottom of the nav log (lower left hand corner of it, or the bottom row of the Totals column too).

It won't show anywhere but in your HUD. The correct flight plan with the actual leg distance shows in your nav log and in your file page, no?

When you drive to the airport, get to your plane and climb in -assuming it is at your departure point in your plan - I can assure you the distance in your HUD will update correctly :yesnod: :wink2:

Last edited:
Back