GKen

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Gken
Hi ! Everbody

Just sign in today, I did 20 hours on a C172 , 15 year ago, my life changed and I did't finish, It was also in a other country. I want to get back in, and get my PPL ( Now living in FL )

My goal is to own a SR22, does it make sense to buy it and do my PPL with it. Or it's not thinkable and I should go with the traditional way.

Thanks for your feedback

Either way. Hell Mulligan was all frustrated early, bought a fancy C206 and used it for PPC and instrument rating. Now he wants a Circus. Seriously, it can be done. Cirrus a lot more airplane than a basic trainer like a C152-172, but with a good CFI not a problem.

Oh yeah welcome. Hope you have thick skin, gets nutty on here at times.

Last edited:
my way of thinking...one crisis at a time. get the PPL and then worry about the airplane. good luck.

Learning to fly in an SR22 is like learning to drive in Dad's SRT Hellcat instead of Mom's Malibu.

Find something simple, slow and rugged and learn to really fly it first. It'll be a lot more fun that way.

There is something to be said about training in the aircraft your going to be flying.

Learning to fly in an SR22 is like learning to drive in Dad's SRT Hellcat instead of Mom's Malibu.

Find something simple, slow and rugged and learn to really fly it first. It'll be a lot more fun that way.

Your analogie is funny, I'm a HPDE instructor.

Welcome. We always like noobs here. Watch out for the initiation. Someone is likely to send you out for a hundred yards of flight line, a fuel stretcher, or a gallon of prop wash.

I would like to report this post as offensive.

Bama didn't have much of an offensive performance in the first half, but them Unc Nick got ****ed and the second half happened.

Your report is duly noted , and filed, right here....

upload_2016-11-26_18-17-3.png

Go for it. The SR22 isn't some magical, impossible plane to fly. I've been teaching a 16 year old how to fly a 2015 SR22 and he's doing fine.

Hey Hank, RTR baby! ;):D

We scored first, we played a very good first half, we forced multiple turnovers. Bama got lucky and recovered a couple of their fumbles (how often does the ball bounce back to the guy who dropped it?). I was expecting the score delta to be much greater.

War Eagle anyway! :rolleyes:

TBH if you easily have the money(they're pretty darn expensive, at least for me, since the average used cost is like 200k) then I'd definitely buy the plane for lessons. That way your already well used to it by the time you get your license.

Go for it. The SR22 isn't some magical, impossible plane to fly. I've been teaching a 16 year old how to fly a 2015 SR22 and he's doing fine.

And I wish I had learned to downhill ski when I was a fearless 16 year old (instead of waiting until I was quite a bit older) ;)

We scored first, we played a very good first half, we forced multiple turnovers. Bama got lucky and recovered a couple of their fumbles (how often does the ball bounce back to the guy who dropped it?). I was expecting the score delta to be much greater.

War Eagle anyway! :rolleyes:

If you look at Bama's season, many teams scored first. As you know it's the score after 60 minutes that matters. And just about every game this year when Bama made half time adjustments (and Saban ass chewing) they were a different team in the second half. You should feel good about having a very good kicker as y'all scored no TDs, just FGs. Bama has a stout defense. RTR!

What that? :confused:
It's stand for High performance driving education, Let's say you bought a brand new Ferrari 458 and you want to put it on the track at Daytona just for fun, you need an instructor with you until you go solo.

It's stand for High performance driving education, Let's say you bought a brand new Ferrari 458 and you want to put it on the track at Daytona just for fun, you need an instructor with you until you go solo.

Nah, I had a S2000, I'm good. :D

Sounds like fun to me! I'd have gone for that when my Jag was newer, but she's a bit old for that now . . .

You do realize that the definition of "high performance airplane" is one having more than 200 hp, whether it's turbocharged or not?

I did some of my PPL in a Cirrus SR20 and had no troubles. SR22 is obviously much more of a machine. However if you have a good CSIP I say do it. I bought my first Cirrus a week out of my checkride and immediately started instrument training in it.

The biggest thing is learning to stay ahead of the Cirrus. And remember if you are falling behind - pull back the throttle to C172 speeds :)

I did some of my PPL in a Cirrus SR20 and had no troubles. SR22 is obviously much more of a machine. However if you have a good CSIP I say do it. I bought my first Cirrus a week out of my checkride and immediately started instrument training in it.

The biggest thing is learning to stay ahead of the Cirrus. And remember if you are falling behind - pull. :)

FIFY :lol:

And I wish I had learned to downhill ski when I was a fearless 16 year old (instead of waiting until I was quite a bit older) ;)

Actually the best age for that is 3. I often see those strings of toddlers sliding down the hill, strapped together, and envy them, since I like you started very late in life.

Last edited:
My opinion - you want the SR22 and can do your training on it, and have the right CFI - then you will be in excellent condition for flying it in future. Just have in mind, since it is moving faster and more is required, then it could take more time to finish your PPL. But if you ask me, i would defiantly do it

My opinion - you want the SR22 and can do your training on it, and have the right CFI - then you will be in excellent condition for flying it in future. Just have in mind, since it is moving faster and more is required, then it could take more time to finish your PPL. But if you ask me, i would defiantly do it

Thanks for your input, this forum look's like there is a lot of competent and nice people.

I just realize that I can not start my PPL right now, I'm not a US citizen and I don't meet the TSA requirement at this moment, but it will be solve in the next 3 month.

Thanks to everybody !
All be back !

Back