Newbie saying hello

Dudley Henriques

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Dudley Henriques
Hello everyone;

I'm a newbie here hoping to find a bit better place to lurk and post once in a while than the Usenet forums. :)

Just dropping by to get aquainted with you and learn the ways of the forum.
Best to all,

People still read the Usenet forums?!?:hairraise:

The only thing you need to know here is: Henning is awesome! Other than that, everybody is at Gaston's this weekend.

Welcome!

-Rich

Welcome, Dudley!

Things might seem a bit quiet this weekend. The annual Gaston's Fly-In is going on this weekend, and a lot of the 'active' board folks are partying it up down there while the rest of us poor saps are stuck at home this weekend.

Pull up a chair and make yourself at home!

Welcome, Dudley! This is the board that most of us have found when we grew tired of the boards of another color.

And not all of us could make it to Gastons - some of us are working to pay for more flight time!

Stan

P.S. That's quite a biography for a "newbie"! :D We'd love to hear some of your Mustang stories.

Count me in the group who isn't at Gaston's. Work, time, you name it. Golden Eagle tells me about 9.5 hours flight time in a 182 each way from OLM, and that was routing me over mountains I'd rather go around. Some day...

Welcome to the "blue board". So named due to the overall color scheme. :p

Not everybody, some couldn't go this year.:(

Welcome to the board newbie, give us a little background about yourself.

Nothing overly exciting really. Mostly instructed in two areas; primary flying and private tutoring in display aerobatics dealing mostly with warbirds back in the stone ages. Check pilot in Mustangs; some display flying, and retired now. Still active as an air show demonstration venue safety advisor.
A Google search for IFPF HISTORY will fill you in on some of my sordid and dubious past :)

Welcome, Dudley! This is the board that most of us have found when we grew tired of the boards of another color.

And not all of us could make it to Gastons - some of us are working to pay for more flight time!

Stan

P.S. That's quite a biography for a "newbie"! :D We'd love to hear some of your Mustang stories.

If anyone has any specific 51 questions, please feel free to shoot um off to me. :)

Welcome! You'll find this a friendly place to hang out. From your signature line I'd guess you have some good stories to share.

There have indeed been some "ups and downs" :)

People still read the Usenet forums?!?:hairraise:

The only thing you need to know here is: Henning is awesome! Other than that, everybody is at Gaston's this weekend.

Welcome!

-Rich

Thank you. I've been posting on Usenet now for ten years. My wife finally convinced me it just isn't the same any more. Many good pilots and just plain nice people are leaving the venue in droves.
It's a shame really. Many students come to Usenet for help and assistance.

Mustangs?!

Yawn....

;)

Welcome, and feel free to blather on about warbirds any time.
Whereabouts on the E. coast are you?

Nothing overly exciting really.... Check pilot in Mustangs

:eek:
You must be one cool customer if you don't find THAT exciting!!!!!!!! Very cool.

Well, count me as nobody, since I'm not at Gaston's either. :( I'm still happy to welcome you to the board.

BTW - Spin Zone is a great way to build your post count and vent your spleen at the same time. :D

OK, here's one: Have you flown a warbird at AirVenture?

Hey, who isn't?:dunno::D

No. Been retired for some time now, but good buddy Patty Wagstaff is flying Jim Beasley's 51 and I believe Patty has flown Air Venture.

Dudley, welcome to the front porch of aviation. I really belive this is the friendliest board in aviation. Lots of info and advice and pilot fellowship. We actually make an e ffort to meet each other and have lots of great flyins. I am just up the road from you at LOM and am at ILG about twice a month. I once had an offer to fly in Beasleys P51 but then he died. That plane always holds a special place for me as it was the very first model I ever built. Got it back in the 60s at Langley AFB BX. Anyway welcome to the board.​

Dudley, welcome to the front porch of aviation. I really belive this is the friendliest board in aviation. Lots of info and advice and pilot fellowship. We actually make an e ffort to meet each other and have lots of great flyins. I am just up the road from you at LOM and am at ILG about twice a month. I once had an offer to fly in Beasleys P51 but then he died. That plane always holds a special place for me as it was the very first model I ever built. Got it back in the 60s at Langley AFB BX. Anyway welcome to the board.​

Unbelievably small world :) We live a few miles from you. I was an instructor at Wings when Bill Mumery and Bob Latch were there back in the sixties.
I take it you mean Jim Sr. and his 51 Bald Eagle. Beautiful airplane.

Thank you. I've been posting on Usenet now for ten years. My wife finally convinced me it just isn't the same any more. Many good pilots and just plain nice people are leaving the venue in droves.
It's a shame really. Many students come to Usenet for help and assistance.

Hi Dudley -- it's Dan. I left Usenet for that very reason.

While debate may get heated here, civility rules. After all, we're all pilots and all learning!

Welcome!

Hi Dudley -- it's Dan. I left Usenet for that very reason.

While debate may get heated here, civility rules. After all, we're all pilots and all learning!

Welcome!

Thanks. I'm beginning to think, after posting on Usenet for about 10 years, that a moderated forum is the only way to have any meaningful discussion about aviation :)

I think you'll like it...some pretty sharp cookies in this forum.

Bob Gardner

Welcome, Dudley like everyone else said this is a great board and you will like it. Gary (GMascelli) is based out of ILG.

I am a PAer also

Welcome, Dudley like everyone else said this is a great board and you will like it. Gary (GMascelli) is based out of ILG.

I am a PAer also

Many thanks. The old airport (ILG) has changed a lot since I was there. We had a Cessna 336 based over at Atlantic and I had a Mustang there for a while.
Ran an aerobatic school out of the old T Hangars past the old Summit Hangar way back when.
Lots of good memories there :)

Dudley, I fly out of Wings as well. A few of us local POA folks get together for summer Friday evening beer and bs sessions. We'd love to have you join us. I read about your exploits with the IFPF. Great stuff.

Dudley, I fly out of Wings as well. A few of us local POA folks get together for summer Friday evening beer and bs sessions. We'd love to have you join us. I read about your exploits with the IFPF. Great stuff.

Hi, and thanks. Those war story sessions can be fun indeed. Perhaps we can get together sometime time and circumstances permitting.

The IFPF was a great organization with great people. I'm afraid my "exploits" would pale considering the caliber of the membership we had :)

Welcome, Dudley like everyone else said this is a great board and you will like it. Gary (GMascelli) is based out of ILG. I am a PAer also

Dudley, welcome to POA! It's a great place to meet fellow pilots and share your knowledge, I'm always trying to learn something new.

I'm to new to have much to share :rolleyes: As Bob mentioned I'm at ILG but I thought you were near wings???? Maybe I misread the post.

Dudley, welcome to POA! It's a great place to meet fellow pilots and share your knowledge, I'm always trying to learn something new.

I'm to new to have much to share :rolleyes: As Bob mentioned I'm at ILG but I thought you were near wings???? Maybe I misread the post.

Thank you.

We actually live right in the middle between Wings and Wilmington. ILG was my home base for many years so I still consider it as home :)

Hi Dudley,

I followed your link to come and see the moderated group instead of the USENET. Like you I grew tired of the garbage from certain individuals.

I saw Bob is also here. Very cool!

About me...

Received my PP-ASEL in Dec 2004 nd have been in the USENET groups for pilots and students since about 2002. I have been on a flying hiatus for a bit over a year now, but I still follow the groups to keep some knowledge in my head.

See you guys in the forums!

Mike
PP-ASEL Temecula, Ca
Based at F70

Received my PP-ASEL in Dec 2004 nd have been in the USENET groups for pilots and students since about 2002. I have been on a flying hiatus for a bit over a year now, but I still follow the groups to keep some knowledge in my head.See you guys in the forums!Mike PP-ASEL Temecula, Ca Based at F70

Mike, welcome to POA!

Following Dudley from Usenet...

Looking forward to new stuff! :blueplane:

I don't know of the usenet you're referring to. It has been years since I've even looked at a news thread site. But, you'll like it here.

To all you new folks coming this way, it's nice to have ya on board.

Hi dudley. I see we both made the transition to this site today. Good to see you here too, Bob Gardner.

Rod Madsen, newby

Back