Newbie RV Builder

smittysrv

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Smitty
Hi!

Any RV builders out there? I just joined this forum and am building an RV-9A.

run.jpg

Yes. Chris Jones springs unbidden to mind. Calling Chris Jones!

And welcome to the board!

Hi!

run.jpg

There are a few RV'ers around here.

I like your play on the North by Northwest scene - that was (and still is) a great movie!

Trapper John

I'm not a builder but there is a very active group of RV guys at the airport I hang out at (9A1). They are fun airplanes.

Welcome to the board! Where are you building?

I've got a couple hundred hours of stick time in the -7A that my dad and I built 4 years ago. He loved the build so much that he's working on a -10 now. I haven't flown a -9A yet, but there are a few based as well as being built nearby (KBNW).

RVs are a great breed of aircraft. It's hard to not be happy with the end result. ;)

Hi Chris,

I'm in Plano, TX. I'm building my RV-9A on my side of the garage. I also have a C-172 at McKinney Airport.

Hi Smitty:

I completed my 6A in 2006 after 10 years of construction. Now enjoying the flying as much as the building.

img3353.jpg

This was taken at OSH last year. You have probably heard this before, but keep pounding those rivets. It is WAY worth it! :thumbsup:

Hi Chris,

I'm in Plano, TX. I'm building my RV-9A on my side of the garage. I also have a C-172 at McKinney Airport.

Cool beans! We did the tail and wings in the basement then took over the garage when it was time to do the fuse. I was down in your area recently - flew the RV down to CVB for a few days of visiting with my sister.

Lots of RV's down in that area. Have you had a chance to get any stick time yet to get your permanent RV grin? ;)

You have probably heard this before, but keep pounding those rivets. It is WAY worth it! :thumbsup:

^^^ What he said!! :yes:

Hi!

My brother in law completed his 9 about a year ago and flew it to OSH last summer. I'm hoping he makes it up here this summer so I can fly it a bit.

I finished my RV-6 about 8 years ago and have put roughly 600 hours on it since.

Wonderful machine.

Back