Newbie in Buffalo

Jim OHara

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
oharaj
Am starting down the path as a student pilot with no flight experience. I'm looking for any posts or files that start with the very basics - Definitions, descriptions of training (ground, air, etc), requirements (medical, etc).

I'm located in Buffalo and looking for recommendations for flight schools. Have found a few but looking for any others or positive/negative experiences with these and or CFIs.

Prior Aviation Service, Inc.
Bauer Flight Instruction
Bob Miller Flight Training Inc.
Clear Air Aviation

Thanks in advance for any help,
Jim

2 to get you started:

Airplane Flying Handbook
Pilots Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge

(Edit - Sorry, you asked for basic requirements and definitions; The above are big “books”)

Last edited:
Welcome! Plenty of books, videos, online courses out there. Look at Gleim.com and onlinegroundschool.com. Here's a pretty informative booklet about learning to fly: http://www.goldsealgroundschool.com/library/learn-to-fly-2017.pdf

When you get with an Instructor he'll be able to help you as far as what to study and recommendations, etc. Good luck, and welcome to POA.

The school isn't really that important, the individual CFI however is, it's like getting a high end tattoo, you don't seek out the shop, you seek out the artist and go to whatever shop they happen to be at.

Welcome. I used the Kings PPL videos, ASA FAR AIM and the ASA test books for practical and written tests. Good luck and have fun.

Back