New Years Plans

Shipoke

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
shipoke
Ok folks it time to think about New Years.
What are you doing to bring in the New Year?
I'm planning a Flight
Take off about 11 PM Dec. 31 2006
Fly my buddies kids around
Land about 12:30 - 1 AM Jan. 1 2007

I've tried to do this the last 3 years but WX didn't cooperate hope it works out this time.

HAPPY NEW YEARS ,and FLY SAFE ALL
Dave G.

I'd be shocked if we aren't passed out cold by 10pm. Not intoxicated. Just sleeping. Just can't be bothered to celebrate.

Planning a trip. Should be a lot of fun.

The norm has been an evening out with a few couples to a nice seafood place.....then off to small party to watch the ball drop at one of our homes.

I wouldn't mind an early night back home with the bride in front of the fireplace watching rockin' eve and toasting a great year! :cheerswine:

Since I don't know yet if I'll have to work on the 1st, my plans right now are to just chill out New Year's Eve. It won't bother me either way. If I have to work, it'll be only to babysit the press room, so there will be little for me to do but surf the internet.

im going up to see leah. no flying planned, maybe a short hop in the DA20 with jesse. im excited though

Moving the airplane outside for the evening and having a hangar party and dance, its an open invitation if any of you want to come.

probably shoveling more snow ... another dandy winter storm blowing in tomorrow night thru Fri or Sat.

I'll be in the Dominican Republic. I'm going down on the 29th on a week long mission trip. We're bulidng a community center for a small viillage and rebuilding homes destroyed by hurricanes.

I hear the plan is to have a bonfire on the beach to ring in the new year.

In bed sleeping. working 5 am jan. 1st cooking eggs and bacon for all my hung over customers. Thats the only day of the year that i enjoy owning my resturant and giving all those people a hard time:D

I'll celebrate New Year's in New York--from the Pacific time zone. Then I'll go to bed.

Judy

im going up to see leah. no flying planned, maybe a short hop in the DA20 with jesse. im excited though

And Tony decided he's too damn cool to fly with me. I guess he likes his girlfriend better. :mad:

No flying for me for a while. Haven't been since October. :(

Maybe sailing on the Columbia River New Year Day if we have good wind. We like it when it roars down out of the Columbia Gorge...well, as long as it is under 30 knots, anyway. LOL!! Christmas Eve we drove to Multnomah Falls and I was having a challenge keeping the truck on the road. As I love heavy weather driving--it was rather fun for me, but two of my passengers were a bit tense when the big gusts would hit broadside. You should have seen the crab angle I had on the steering wheel. I was laughing at it all the way down. (And glad I wasn't flying...or sailing, there were sizeable swells and whitecaps on the river.)

Maybe the old is catching up with me. I'm planning on staying off the roads, that would include the drive to the aprt. I don't like what I see down here in the smell A basin.

On the plus side I get to hang out with my brother's kids. They're a hoot.

Well Looks like mine ain't happening again. Calling for 300 Ft. ceilings with mist. guess i'll just sit at home and talk on the chatroom if anyone else is there .
HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE,
Dave G:blueplane:

Watching DA BEARS, beat the Packers:goofy:, then going to bed, getting up at 6:00am for a brisk morning 6mile run then going to the hanger over fly-in in Nappanee In:blueplane:
Joe:rofl:

Watching DA BEARS, beat the Packers:goofy:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Green Bay 26
Chicago 7

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Let's see... Rex Grossman threw more TD passes to the Packers (2) than Brett Favre (1) did!

Rex Grossman also completed more passes to the Packers than he did to the Bears! Which team was he playing for, anyway? :D

:rollercoaster:

And Tony decided he's too damn cool to fly with me. I guess he likes his girlfriend better. :mad:

blah it was stinking IFR anyway, raining all day. and Leah is much cuter than you, many on the board will back me up on that! :)

had a good time, cards and excellent food with leahs family and friends. now its time for bed!

Yea but we are still in the playoff's and the packers arn't:rofl:
But I am willing to trade Grossman for Farve right now, he can still play the game and will be in the hall of fame before any qb from chicago.
I still got up and ran 6-miles this morning:goofy:
Joe

Happy New Year everyone!

We watched much toooo much football while doing family stuff. Stayed up to about 12:30; the late football game ended about 11:30; so, we were up anyway. My son-in-law is a real addict! Football, that is <g>.

Flying back to Dallas tomorrow. From Greenville to Bartow, Florida to pick up my son; then, to Dallas with a stop on the way in Gulfport.

Lots of flying tomorrow.

Best,

Dave

Yea but we are still in the playoff's and the packers arn't:rofl:

Not for long, if they keep playing like that! Heck, if you can't beat a team that's 7-8 and inexperienced, how the heck are ya gonna beat a playoff team? I predict an early exit.

But I am willing to trade Grossman for Farve right now, he can still play the game and will be in the hall of fame before any qb from chicago.

They've been saying he'll be a hall of famer for at least 10 years now! I guess the three consecutive MVP's pretty much would make anyone a shoo-in.

Trivia: Who was Favre's backup in 1996 when the Packers won the Super Bowl?

Flying back to Dallas tomorrow. From Greenville to Bartow, Florida to pick up my son; then, to Dallas with a stop on the way in Gulfport.

Which is, by the way, Brett Favre's hometown. (Where he lives now, that is - He grew up in Kiln, MS.)

Jim Mcmann
Joe

Sheesh. Any Bears fan should be able to spell Jim McMahon. :p But, you are correct. Bears' super bowl starter finishes his career as a backup for the Bears' most hated rival.

I think he actually was a QB coach for a bit after that too, wasn't he?

Back