New vehicle, what to get?

Already do the block heater thing. That's a long way from being warm in the cabin. ;)

Not surprisingly the Dodge engineers installed dual temperature butt warmers. Reheat and Broil. ;)

My wife's 2006 Jeep Commander has single temperature seat warmers. So you have an advantage there. :D

My 2011 Jeep GC Overland was great. If it was cold out and you hit the remote start, it would turn on the heat seats, the heated steering wheel, the heated side mirrors, the rear defrogger and the front defrogger automaticallyu. you would get in the car and everything would be warm and ready. In the summer, it would turn on the AC full blast and the cooled seats. If they come out with a 7 passenger Jeep, I would probably buy it. Right now I have a 2014 Chevy Traverse on lease that I am counting the days until its up. Nothing wrong with it, but I miss the V8 from the Jeep big time.

They used to have one. It was called the Jeep Commander. We have a 2006 and it seats 7. 2 up front, three in the normal back seat and two more way in the back where your would normally carry stuff. It's 5 + cargo or 7 + a handbag or two.

Now, if you want seats, my old 1986 Dodge Ram 250 van had seats for 8 plus room for all of their backpacks. I'm still wondering how I could have been a Boy Scout leader without that beast. :D:D

Yeah, I have a stick too. Otherwise, I'd have probably had a remote starter years ago. When I first wanted one, there weren't any that supported it.

Astrostart does. It took me a while to find a shop that had the insurance coverage to install it in a stick-shift, a couple told me that their CGLI insurer prohibited them from doing it. It also required installation of some additional hardware like the limit switch on the gear shifter and ended up costing a pretty penny. It is my wifes daily driver (militant stick-shift driver) and these days it is mostly used to get the AC going in the summer :D .

OK, is there a single other unit that will work with your smartphone as the remote? If there is, I'm all ears. Otherwise, Viper it is. :dunno:

I'd have to check. They might be the only game in that town. :) There's a bunch that have RF "long range" two-way keyfobs that are cheaper though.

You're getting married. They make these things called garages that come with a big soul-crushing mortgage attached... ;) ;) ;) Wife usually likes the building that cones attached to the garage too. Bonus! Heheheh.

Ruled that out in 5 seconds. The headrest in the passenger seat leans a little forward, even when back as far as it will go. That made for trouble for my wife with 3 vertebrae fused in her neck. Nothing against the car, but that wasn't going to work for us.

My brother has a Subaru and it has worked well for him. I just like my Escape better.

Pretty much every rental car I get in, I have to hop in the back seat and bend the headrest back some. It's a very simple problem to cure with a knee in the seat back and a yank on the headrest.

Pretty much every rental car I get in, I have to hop in the back seat and bend the headrest back some. It's a very simple problem to cure with a knee in the seat back and a yank on the headrest.

:goofy::goofy::goofy:

Hope you get the LDW.

Back