Benjamin

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
KFULPilot
Hello Pilots, Ben here from John Wayne/KSNA. I'm a relatively new VFR private pilot (~130 hrs) and looking to make some local flying buddies in the area, hopefully within OC but anywhere in the basin would be cool. Always looking to build time or even just ride right seat to keep my head in the game.

I'm also pretty new to OC (only been here about 2 years) so making new friends would be a good thing to! Let's go fly together; I'll split costs with you in your airplane or the one I rent.

Ben

Welcome! Lots of SoCal pilots on the board. I’m sure you can connect with a few of them.

Good idea and welcome Benjamin! Find some other pilots and start going places, that's why we fly airplanes. It'll help keep your interest level up. I met a buddy who lives on the other end of the state (Ohio) and he and I have been all over the darn place in our little Cessnas...

Welcome to the most dangerous part of aviation! ;) Take what you read here with a grain of salt. (Plus a lick of lime and a shot of tequila.)

I'll be out there in a couple weeks. I learned how to fly up thattaway. My first long solo XC took me right over the top of John Wayne. I got lost near Riverside in the haze. This was of course no GPS and certainly no iPad in those days. SoCal Approach is a gem! Welcome to the addiction...... Now get to work on your Instrument rating.

Greetings from the other side of Trump's Great Wall.

My wife and I own a Turbo Lance that we keep in San Diego (SDM) and Phoenix (DVT).

Come South for a wine tour of the Guadalupe Valley, and we can talk planes, too. :D

Welcome, Ben! I was in SoCal for several years working for Hughes Aircraft in Culver City and flying out of SMO. I've been up north since 1972, but still fly down to PSP a couple of times a year.

Just make sure you don't fly with any SoCal VFR pilots that wear view limiting devices. I hear it's super scary.

Back