New to POA forum

Will Ware

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Will Ware
Hello from Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas. I'm Will, a Capt for Southwest, A&P, CFII and rebuilding a 1946 Stinson 108-1.

Howdy Will. Welcome to POA! Good luck on your Stinson rebuild. Show us some pics at some point. We’ve probably talked on the radio a few times.

Timbeck2, I'm sorry I do not. I'm based in Dallas and manage the EFB program while flying. Thanks GMascelli, I have to have 5 posts before I can post a URL to my restoration Blog.

Any other Stinson owners here?

Welcome Will! Fasten your seatbelt, make sure your tray is stowed and your seat back is in the upright position. Expect a smooth flight, with the definite possibility of turbulence along the way. Can't wait to see pics of your plane.

Thanks PaulS, I have been trying to upload a pic, but the forum software is stating that the size is too big, I would have figured that the software would auto size the pic, but I guess not.

Are you at F46? I go there sometimes to pick up a buddy who lives in Nevada, TX. Cute little field.

Thanks PaulS, I have been trying to upload a pic, but the forum software is stating that the size is too big, I would have figured that the software would auto size the pic, but I guess not.
Hi Will. Try taking a screenshot of the pic, then upload the screenshot. The forum software does not resize pics.

A great freeware program to resize pictures is irfanview . I know the name is weird, and posts like these usually lead to spam/virus/garbage, but it's a really widely used program, free of any garbage, and very very useful. I won't link to it... check it out yourself. One of my favorite programs for quick and dirty pic cropping/resizing/editing when you don't want or need GIMP-level power.

Welcome Will!
Cool project. I too look forward to the pictures.

Yes I have the aircraft at Airpark East

Well this sucks, I even did the screen shot and I get a error about file size. I'm using an iPad. I want to share some pics with yall

Well this sucks, I even did the screen shot and I get a error about file size. I'm using an iPad. I want to share some pics with yall
If you're uploading from an iPad, after you select the image, look at the bottom of the screen where it says "Choose Image Size" and tap on it.

This place is full of tech wizards. Someone will be along shortly with more ideas to solve the problem. :)

Edit added: I see Everskyward is already on it.

If you're uploading from an iPad, after you select the image, look at the bottom of the screen where it says "Choose Image Size" and tap on it.

I tried but when I select the album, and select the pics, apple doesnt give me an option to select the size. Is it the forum software that provides that?

I tried but when I select the album, and select the pics, apple doesnt give me an option to select the size. Is it the forum software that provides that?
No, the forum software does not do it. The OS on your iPad does. You don't see what is circled in red? I have selected the three photos checked.

Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 08.25.46.png

the forum software is stating that the size is too big, I would have figured that the software would auto size the pic,

This may be because of your newness too. A DIFFERENT aviation forum that I have more experience of rejects images with a size too big message for probationary posters. It has various limits that are not published. An individual image x by y limit, an individual byte count limit and a separate all images in an upload or post limit. I have found this out by trial and error which has been a bit wasteful. NOTE, FORMER IS NOT about PoA however I thought it may assist the OP.

You could always try mangling the URL and/or give a few words to search on if you liked.

Well on my phone it finally accepted two out of three

Attachments

• DA8E822F-0C2D-4E54-A72D-2A06C7869632.jpeg
    DA8E822F-0C2D-4E54-A72D-2A06C7869632.jpeg
    303.2 KB · Views: 17
  • B80B32C4-9EBE-4AD1-BC49-045E2A227530.jpeg
    B80B32C4-9EBE-4AD1-BC49-045E2A227530.jpeg
    214.4 KB · Views: 17
I'm now using tap a talk app

Easier adding photos

41f04bcb0dd0996dea27b215961744f3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro