New Taxiway Light for Manroom

I need 10 of these to line my driveway up to my hangar. I’m sure they are way too expensive for that.

I need 10 of these to line my driveway up to my hangar. I’m sure they are way too expensive for that.
It doesn't look like it would be too hard to make something from a few Home Depot items that visually/functionally resembles taxiway lights.

Wouldn't have the coolness factor of the real thing, of course.

That light should go on when your beer is empty. Juuust in case someone is there who could bring u a new cold one. Think of it like a training tool.

I'd contact your local airport if you see them doing a lighting project. Usually isn't hard to get your hands on one. Otherwise they get scrapped.

Used to be we'd reach out to other airports to see if they wanted them, but there aren't as many takers any more.

One of my uncles has one of the old glass obstruction lights from the top of a television transmission tower. Amazing to see how giant the fixture is when you only see a tiny flashing light from miles away. It's probably 30" tall and 18" diameter with some thick glass. I bet it weighs 40lbs.

Where did you get it?

Here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Taxiwayairportlights?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=842368225 - Super nice guy to deal with.

That light should go on when your beer is empty. Juuust in case someone is there who could bring u a new cold one. Think of it like a training tool.

Exactly why I got it. I put in a place where its visible when you walk by the office. If the light is on, I'm currently getting thirsty.

Back