New Spin Zone policy - trial run

I think the SZ would be the best if it was moderated by the most level-headed person I can think of in there - You, Mari! :yes:
Hahahahaha... :no:

Actually I think it is going pretty well in its unmoderated form right now.

Maybe I missed somethng....What exactly is this group supposed to be about/for I was hoping I was going to find a place to talk about aviation... haven't seen the word airplane yet. I'm NOT trying to be a jerk, but I just don't see the point..

Maybe I missed somethng....What exactly is this group supposed to be about/for I was hoping I was going to find a place to talk about aviation... haven't seen the word airplane yet. I'm NOT trying to be a jerk, but I just don't see the point..

You made a wrong turn at Albuquerque, pilots (in addition to other groups) like to complain about politics and demand "reputable" sources for the misinformation they hear, instead of having the entire forum filled with a bunch of posts where people call each other "doo doo head" they created the Spin Zone for that.

TL;DR? It's where the political posts are hidden. Opt-back out if you voted for Obama :rofl:

In which thread are you looking? Spin Zone is principally for political matters. In Hangar Talk, anything goes, as long as it is not abusive.

After that, pretty much all aviation-related.

Start an airplane thread, see how it goes... :D

The Spin Zone is a funny pun that could confuse someone into believing it is more about aviation than it is. Fact is, almost every online forum requires a honey trap to draw hot-blooded political or social issue topics in order for the rest of the discussions to flow without distraction. Spin Zone is that trap here and it functions mostly as intended - you'll seldom see smart-alec political wisecracking transgressions by members elsewhere in the forums; though sometimes certain people forget and start a topic about something political/social in Hangar Talk which is moved by a moderator into the Spin Zone eventually.

Without the Zone, with American habits being what they are, we'd have to endure people arguing politics in the rest of the site much more often than the occasional slip up.

You can opt out if you don't like it. I was an active poster there for years until opting out a few months ago.

Last edited:
Sooo... does the under 18 thing in the OP still apply? I love me some politics.

You made a wrong turn at Albuquerque, pilots (in addition to other groups) like to complain about politics and demand "reputable" sources for the misinformation they hear, instead of having the entire forum filled with a bunch of posts where people call each other "doo doo head" they created the Spin Zone for that.

TL;DR? It's where the political posts are hidden. Opt-back out if you voted for Obama :rofl:

I can't resist this ... I Did NOT, nor would I Ever Ever Ever vote for Osama, I mean Obama, I think that is the worst thing that has ever happened to this used to be free country since the last time he was shoved down our throat!
Now to figure out how to opt out of this group

I can't resist this ... I Did NOT, nor would I Ever Ever Ever vote for Osama, I mean Obama, I think that is the worst thing that has ever happened to this used to be free country since the last time he was shoved down our throat!

Nahh don't opt out, you'll fit right in :yes:

Keep this and other like posts in the Spin Zone, please.

Note that you are not in the Spin Zone now. It's an opt-in group not opt-out. This thread is just an informational posting.

YGTBSM! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Go away.

How do I access the spin zone??

How do I access the spin zone??

1. User CP
2. Networking
3. Group Memberships
4. Join Group
5. Accept that a bunch of smart people say stupid sh*t that they don't believe in order to sell their point of view.

Back