New Spin Zone policy - trial run

Show me one place where I've "attacked" the MC, and I'll apologize publicly for it. I have called out specific actions of the MC, and I've disagreed with the MC, but for the most part, I've always respected the MC, as they are here to uphold the RoC. It is specific actions of certain members of the MC that I take issue with.
Differentiate "calling out" and attacking, first of all. Your criticisms of our decisions over copyright matters, of the MAG group decisions, and so forth are some of the earlier recollections I have of you doing more than just "politely disagreeing". Your claim that you've "always respected" the MC is one I strongly disagree with. Is it possible you don't realize just how vitriolic some of your remarks about us have been?

Its no secret that Ron Levy and I have beefs, and its also no surprise that he was the one that deleted that thread. I'm ecstatic to hear that he has kept his hand out of all decisions involving me, because that restores a LOT of faith in the decisions made. I'm even more ecstatic that for the first time, his actions are being recognized publicly.
Don't read too much into it. As far as I recall, Ron has never taken an action as a moderator that was inappropriate. Deleting a nearly empty thread (and totally devoid of any substance in my view) in the wrong forum is a perfectly appropriate action, and you are hardly the first person to have such a thread simply deleted. Its not as common, sure, but you were not singled out (another claim you've made before without basis in my view).

The biggest thing came from being suspended due to a post I made, which in all honesty, was not that bad of a post, while others, including yourself, had posted in the thread with similar, or worse statements without punishment. I don't see how that can't be construed as "singling out."
This *is* a disciplinary matter, and so I won't discuss the specifics, but I will PM you about that and remind you of the circumstances if you need reminding.
The RoC states, specifically:
"Private Messages received on these Forums are to be considered private and are not to be posted publicly unless the sender of the private message agrees."

That is the basis for me not mentioning specifics until you brought them out.
I have only posted quotes from my own PMs to you, not yours to me.

OH - did you intend for your deletion request to be kept private? If so, I'm sorry, but thats not realistic either way. If we had said yes, everyone would notice and we'd have to explain why your posts vanished. If you deleted them all yourself, it hardly matters that you asked us first and we said no. Still if you didn't want that mentioned, then I do apologize.

My actions? You mean accidentally posting a thread in the wrong forum and having it deleted, despite my followup post which reads "Oops, my bad, this should have been in spin zone?"
We're into disciplinary actions again.

Or perhaps you're referring to my post in which I inferred that the MC needs to be more transparent before asking for money from the public?
Can't say I recall that one specifically. I mainly remember scott pushing my buttons on that one.

I'm not quite sure which action you're referring to here, but I am quite sure that at least 1 member of the MC would be just fine seeing my reputation tarnished beyond repair. I had been convinced that I was imagining it, but the way you've turned this thread, I don't know that I was wrong anymore.
We're into disciplinary actions again.

I suppose if we had a way to limit use of those smileys to the SZ we could, but we can't, so we won't. Sorry.

Boeing is better than Airbus.
Low-wing kicks high-wing's azz.
Bose headsets suck.
Lean of peak: does it mean the end of western civilization as we know it?
Mayor Daley: should he be nominated as FAA Administrator?
Marijuana fibers make a great diaper material.

Discuss all.

Boeing is better than Airbus.
Low-wing kicks high-wing's azz.
Bose headsets suck.
Mayor Daley: should he be nominated as FAA Administrator?
Marijuana fibers make a great diaper material.

Discuss all.

Just reading this thread about a thread seems to meet the Prosser hornbook test of res ipsa, eh. Spiker?

Not sure, but it does mean it's slippery when it snows...

(humor suffers when you turn 40, I hear...)

attachment.php

Attachments

• 103002608.EWFtFW2s.jpg
    103002608.EWFtFW2s.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 161
Hire some new writers. :smilewinkgrin: You have more treats in store as the birthday hobbs continues to run.
Not sure, but it does mean it's slippery when it snows...

(humor suffers when you turn 40, I hear...)

attachment.php

You're right, anyone believing otherwise is a fartheaded son of lizard dribblings :D

Now, THAT is whatI am talking about!

Exhibit A in the proof that the Internet is not a wasteland. Thank you Mr. M.

This is not the Spin Zone -- you can't call anyone a "fartheaded son of lizard dribblings" here, you pinheaded pea-brained troglodyte.:D

Be careful. Bill O'Brien's quotes are copyrighted.

A neat thing that could help out a lot on the SZ and very likely on the rest of PoA is a reputation systems. Has the MC ever given any thought to having that as a feature?

A neat thing that could help out a lot on the SZ and very likely on the rest of PoA is a reputation systems. Has the MC ever given any thought to having that as a feature?
You are SOOOOO banned...

:rofl:

I'm giving Scott negative reputation points for even suggesting this. :nono:

So y'all like the idea then??? ;)

Actually, in the context of an unmoderated Spin Zone, it could work... Alternatively the "thumbs up/thumbs down" system for individual posts rather than the individuals themselves.

Actually, in the context of an unmoderated Spin Zone, it could work... Alternatively the "thumbs up/thumbs down" system for individual posts rather than the individuals themselves.
I don't know why the posts/posters need to be graded, especially because the Spin Zone is so hidden now that everyone knows who the other posters are. There aren't going to be too many people wandering in.

OK, Scott gets the lowest possible reputation! :D

I don't know why the posts/posters need to be graded, especially because the Spin Zone is so hidden now that everyone knows who the other posters are. There aren't going to be too many people wandering in.

Just as a means of being self-moderating. I can't see as how having SZ be unmoderated is going to improve things any. Maybe the MC is purposely trying to make it turn into a cesspool so they feel more justified in killing it entirely 60 days from now? :dunno:

I think the SZ would be the best if it was moderated by the most level-headed person I can think of in there - You, Mari! :yes:

Just as a means of being self-moderating. I can't see as how having SZ be unmoderated is going to improve things any. Maybe the MC is purposely trying to make it turn into a cesspool so they feel more justified in killing it entirely 60 days from now? :dunno:
As has been stated above, that was the other alternative considered. The MC was unanimous in agreeing we were not willing to allow the SZ to continue to be the management burden it had become; the only question was how to divest ourselves of the burden.
I think the SZ would be the best if it was moderated by the most level-headed person I can think of in there - You, Mari! :yes:
I think a level-headed person would refuse the job.

Back