New SIDs coming for the home 'drome?

denverpilot

Tied Down
Display Name

Display name:
DenverPilot
http://www.ourcoloradonews.com/cent...-9464-0019bb2963f4.html#.UJ1c7brHib4.facebook

It'll be interesting to see which SID changes, if any. No updates to any published charts yet.

To have the things in the article happen, either we're making controllers do double-duty between traffic and noise abatement, or there will be new SIDs published.

In fact, Centennial's most-used SID for bugsmashers if at all, is probably the DENVR5, which basically says "climb via radar vectors" and has no minimum climb rate for anything other than terrain and obstacle clearance. The jets do the Yellowstone and Plains stuff... I rarely hear bugsmashers file any of the SIDs.

I filed one of the STARs in VMC, which took me over FQF, and the controller seemed confused about why I was flying the published transition route as a /A that day. Guess everyone just goes GPS direct these days. :)

The other SIDs are based off of navigating to the Denver VOR or the Falcon VOR, which are both near DIA. The path described in the article already, basically.

Since SIDs are NOT mandatory, if they were to publish a climb rate and my aircraft can't do it, I simply won't file one, and will be bound to follow controller instructions instead, same thing. Whatever.

Controllers as noise-abatement monitors, is not what their primary task is in our air traffic system. About all they can do is give a different departure heading and clear you to climb higher. Since we're tucked under the Bravo, I expect the usual 9000' will continue to be the norm for bugsmashers once handed off by the tower.

Would be interested in hearing if Mari (or anyone else flying big stuff out of KAPA) has noticed any different handling from DEN TRACON yet. That's about all I see changing here.

The fact that the airport manager found some grant money and bought noise monitors with it, is a little worrisome, if it was his decision. I haven't been to an airport public meeting in a while, but it sounds like the local noise whiners are restless again.

Would be interested in hearing if Mari (or anyone else flying big stuff out of KAPA) has noticed any different handling from DEN TRACON yet. That's about all I see changing here.
New STARs coming on November 15, new SID and more STARs next year, maybe.

https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/fli...ocedure.results&tab=productionPlan&nasrId=APA

So far I haven't noticed any new procedures for us departing KAPA. It's usually some sort of left turn departing 35R, depending on which direction you are going and climb to 8,000', vectors to one of the published SIDs.

I don't file one, but almost always get the Yelm 2 leaving KOLM. No biggie. Seattle seems to have a love affair with that departure, regardless of what direction I'm going.

Back