New preflight video found on facebook! Gotta watch it!

Brilliant!!

The best I've ever done on this score was on an Angel Flight in a 182. I announced, "We have reached out cruising altitude of 11,500'. Feel free to move about the cabin."

Nate,

If you do it I want to see your behemoth printer featured somehow! LOL

David

Hmmm. Visualizing a cut to the printer...

"Welcome aboard November One Two Seven Niner Mike.

The FAA requires that I brief you on safety. I even purchased this printer to print out all the regulations, but the resulting printout was too heavy to lift. If you'd like a copy, the pilot will take your name and address and $100 for shipping and handling at the end of the flight, and you'll receive it in six to eight weeks via parcel post. We will have one of those college summer job movers pick it up to get it to the Post Office.

Oh yeah, we pilots do say Niner. Stop giggling and pay attention to the rest of this important safety briefing about this beautiful 1975 Cessna Ome Eighty Two Skylane Two aircraft.

To your left and your right, you'll find the two exit doors. These doors may not be to your left or right after a crash, but may be above or below you, depending on which side we end up on, and how well your seat belt was fastened. Please familiarize yourself with their current locations and how funny they might look upside down. No floor lighting or other fancy gizmos will light a path to them in an emergency, so please just crawl over whoever or whatever is in your way to exit the burning hulk. If you're really kind, feel free to pull the fire extinguisher from between the front seats and fight the fire, the pilot will be watching appreciatively from 100 yards away and directing firefighters to assist you after you receive third degree burns.

Your lap belt goes low and tight across your lap. If you're a really cute member of the opposite sex, please notify your pilot so they can be sure to assist. If you are seated in the front seat, you also have a shoulder harness. It's not like any shoulder harness you've ever seen in a car, and was designed this way to specifically make the pilot giggle as he watches you attempt to put a round peg in a round hole, upside down. Then they'll assist you with that also, no matter what sex you are, otherwise we will be here all day just putting the seatbelts on.

The headphones are provided to protect your hearing. This aircraft is fairly loud and the pilot is already mostly deaf. He also has a button up there on the top of the dash that allows him to isolate himself from all your incessant babbling so he can either listen and talk to air traffic controllers, or simply enjoy the silence. If he looks busy and seems to be talking to himself, he's either done that and is talking to air traffic control, or the voices in his head. Please continue to enjoy your flight without communicating with him. He will speak to you if he needs to, and most of the time, he won't need to.

Cabin pressure is not controlled by anything other than going up and down. If the pilot finds you're annoying him, you may see him reach for an oxygen mask or nasal cannula and start a climb. Don't worry. You'll be sleepy soon thereafter and will enjoy a nice oxygen- deprived nap until reaching your destination today.

If you are seated in the front seat, everything in front of you is off-limits unless you're invited to touch them. The FAA specifically tests the pilot on distractions and unsafe conditions caused by passengers, and most of our pilots have decided that they're willing to pay for your medical bills for broken fingers rather than allow your hands to touch a flight control at a critical time. We would prefer not to cause you pain, so hands off please.

The pilot may ask you to hold stuff. Just help him or her out. Usually that seat is empty and they're forced to root around on the floor for stuff they dropped. Having you along as a comvenient stuff holder makes their job a little easier.

Sit back, relax, and enjoy your flight. Snacks and beverages are in the far back in a cooler."

Excellent video! I love the little kids acting ability! They were great!:D

I just hand my passengers these passenger briefing cards that came with the airplane. The flight will be over before they can figure it out.

safetycard-front.jpg

safetycard-back.jpg

Hmmm. Visualizing a cut to the printer...

"Welcome aboard November One Two Seven Niner Mike.

The FAA requires that I brief you on safety. I even purchased this printer to print out all the regulations, but the resulting printout was too heavy to lift. If you'd like a copy, the pilot will take your name and address and $100 for shipping and handling at the end of the flight, and you'll receive it in six to eight weeks via parcel post. We will have one of those college summer job movers pick it up to get it to the Post Office.

Oh yeah, we pilots do say Niner. Stop giggling and pay attention to the rest of this important safety briefing about this beautiful 1975 Cessna Ome Eighty Two Skylane Two aircraft.

To your left and your right, you'll find the two exit doors. These doors may not be to your left or right after a crash, but may be above or below you, depending on which side we end up on, and how well your seat belt was fastened. Please familiarize yourself with their current locations and how funny they might look upside down. No floor lighting or other fancy gizmos will light a path to them in an emergency, so please just crawl over whoever or whatever is in your way to exit the burning hulk. If you're really kind, feel free to pull the fire extinguisher from between the front seats and fight the fire, the pilot will be watching appreciatively from 100 yards away and directing firefighters to assist you after you receive third degree burns.

Your lap belt goes low and tight across your lap. If you're a really cute member of the opposite sex, please notify your pilot so they can be sure to assist. If you are seated in the front seat, you also have a shoulder harness. It's not like any shoulder harness you've ever seen in a car, and was designed this way to specifically make the pilot giggle as he watches you attempt to put a round peg in a round hole, upside down. Then they'll assist you with that also, no matter what sex you are, otherwise we will be here all day just putting the seatbelts on.

The headphones are provided to protect your hearing. This aircraft is fairly loud and the pilot is already mostly deaf. He also has a button up there on the top of the dash that allows him to isolate himself from all your incessant babbling so he can either listen and talk to air traffic controllers, or simply enjoy the silence. If he looks busy and seems to be talking to himself, he's either done that and is talking to air traffic control, or the voices in his head. Please continue to enjoy your flight without communicating with him. He will speak to you if he needs to, and most of the time, he won't need to.

Cabin pressure is not controlled by anything other than going up and down. If the pilot finds you're annoying him, you may see him reach for an oxygen mask or nasal cannula and start a climb. Don't worry. You'll be sleepy soon thereafter and will enjoy a nice oxygen- deprived nap until reaching your destination today.

If you are seated in the front seat, everything in front of you is off-limits unless you're invited to touch them. The FAA specifically tests the pilot on distractions and unsafe conditions caused by passengers, and most of our pilots have decided that they're willing to pay for your medical bills for broken fingers rather than allow your hands to touch a flight control at a critical time. We would prefer not to cause you pain, so hands off please.

The pilot may ask you to hold stuff. Just help him or her out. Usually that seat is empty and they're forced to root around on the floor for stuff they dropped. Having you along as a comvenient stuff holder makes their job a little easier.

Sit back, relax, and enjoy your flight. Snacks and beverages are in the far back in a cooler."

Nate, I like it a lot! It shows extreme creativity and realism. Now that the script is written, I want to see the video soon. :)

David

Nate, I like it a lot! It shows extreme creativity and realism. Now that the script is written, I want to see the video soon. :)

And here I was expecting a "TL;DR". ;)

No good video gear at the moment here. The GoPro 1 hasn't seen power in over a year.

Glad everyone enjoyed it. I showed (most) of your comments to the kids. :)

Awesome video with cute kids. I will definitely be sharing this video. Thanks for posting! :D

Was Nate being too bad again? LOL

I'm sure I was. I'm good around the kiddies in person but kinda don't care on
the Internet. Lots worse out there than I.

I'm figuring my nephews knew every cuss word they saw from me on Facebook years before I said 'em, and there's no point in being fake with family, they'd be the first to call ya a fake (behind your back if they're passive-aggressive). ;)

Just looked at the stats on youtube and noticed that this is now, by far, my most popular video. Thanks for watching. Glad so many enjoyed it.

Back