New plane finally home!

tdager

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
LittleIronPilot
Well she is home! It was a fun, exciting, and LONG day yesterday, and no, I did not bend the firewall!
icon_biggrin.gif

The flight up to Rocky Mount, NC was fast and smooth. We took a friends 210 RG up there and with the fast plane and a great tailwind we hit 190kts over the ground!

Of course we paid for it on the way back! In the 182 at normal cruise power settings we were averaging 85kts over the ground. We tried at 4500, then 6500, thaen 8500 and no where were we getting a break in the headwinds. What should have been a little under a three hour flight turned into a just over four hour flight! Sheesh....

Anyways....the bird is home and safely tucked into her tie-down and I plan on spending some quality time over the next few days getting to know her well and doing lots of takeoffs and landings! LOL

Congrats!! I can't wait to enjoy the same experience when I pick up my plane later this month.

Good deal, Tom. I'm looking forward to meeting the lady!

All snug in her tie-down:

Attachments

• IMG_2947re.JPG
    IMG_2947re.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 45
Awesome! Congrats! Only have a few hours in a 182, but I REALLY like how it flies - not to mention its utility!

Have fun!

Good luck and have fun. It was a change for me going from a 172 to a 182. The trim wheel sure has to be used on the flair. At the club I used to fly out of a guy dragged the tail on the 182 like it was a 150???? He hurt the plane bad. Ripped the tie down out of the bulk head. It pulled the lower flange off. The power trim did not work. I think he must have like to turn that trim wheel.
John
John

Looks great! Are you going to THA tomorrow?

Bill, I doubt it. I have mucho practice to get in before I am comfortable just going places. While I am "checked out" in the bird, I really do need many more landings and takeoffs to get the trim/flare down good.

Bill, I doubt it. I have mucho practice to get in before I am comfortable just going places.

OK, well, hopefully you'll get out and play in your bird this weekend, even if it's touch n goes!!! :yes:

That's great Tom! When you're ready, call up another Gerogia area fly somewhere deal. I'll be in.

I had some fun with the plane this weekend and got in about 2.2 hours of flying. Though I am "safe" I still need some work on the landings to be smooooth! LOL

Back