New Plan (Again?!?)

RossFischer

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Flyin Fisch
Figures.

Ross isn't flying to Gaston's anymore. We're driving. The weather is just too iffy for me (call me a pansy, it's OK.).

We'll be bringing our Land Cruiser to Gaston's. So if anyone needs rides anywhere or for us to bring anything that won't fit in your plane, let me know.

We'd also love to still participate in the poker run, it's a little harder without a plane, but maybe we can bum a ride with someone? My Dad and I don't mind splitting up for the event.

Ahh the joys of life. You think you have everything planned out and it just changes on you :rolleyes: ;).

Figures.

Ross isn't flying to Gaston's anymore. We're driving. The weather is just too iffy for me (call me a pansy, it's OK.).

Disappointing for sure, but the decision speaks wonders as to your ADM and specifically, you as a pilot. I wish everyone could follow the same precedence you set with being so flexible due to bad weather. It just isn't worth the risk.

(call me a pansy, it's OK.).

PANSY!!!!!!! But only because you told me too not because of your decision!

It takes guts to call when you really want to go and the trip is above your ability or comfort level. Don't ever think you are a Pansy for making a no-go decision!

Chalk me up to the ground route as well.

I'm just glad I'm not the only one considering the ground route. Was afraid I might be shunned for being the only one showing up that way. It looks like there might be 3 or 4 ground pounder pilots and that's alot better than living too far away to drive.

I still haven't commited to driving. It would only take an hour of halfway decent weather to make it over there from here. Hoping tomorrow's activity is isolated enough to pick my way through it, but driving is still looking like a strong possibility. Loading the truck now for whatever transportation method I choose...

It takes guts to call when you really want to go and the trip is above your ability or comfort level. Don't ever think you are a Pansy for making a no-go decision!

You are, however, entiteld to be ****ed off at the weather, like me. :)

Confirmed pansy, still sitting on the couch here... was attempting to take a nap after an annoying afternoon until Missa texted me and firmly woke me up, thus enhancing my conviction further to not leave the house.

For the record, I am getting super annoyed with the weather as I'm not sure if I'll even be able to leave tomorrow.

Last edited:
You are, however, entiteld to be ****ed off at the weather, like me. :)

Confirmed pansy, still sitting on the couch here... was attempting to take a nap after an annoying afternoon until Missa texted me and firmly woke me up, thus enhancing my conviction further to not leave the house.

For the record, I am getting super annoyed with the weather as I'm not sure if I'll even be able to leave tomorrow.

Proud of you Ted.

Be as Annoyed as you want at the weather. As long as you are Annoyed, you are still alive.

As long as you are Annoyed, you are still alive.

Is that one of my vital signs? Pulse, eye movement, beying annoyed? :D

Having canceled more things than I care to think about due to weather, I am certainly not calling ANYONE a "pansy" for opting either to drive or forgo a trip altogether. If more pilots exhibited that sort of ADM instead demonstrating the hazardous attitudes, we'd really put a dent in the GA accident rate!

Having canceled more things than I care to think about due to weather, I am certainly not calling ANYONE a "pansy" for opting either to drive or forgo a trip altogether. If more pilots exhibited that sort of ADM instead demonstrating the hazardous attitudes, we'd really put a dent in the GA accident rate!

Amen to that. The decision to drive, rather than fly, is never to be questioned.

pansy ;)

It was great meeting you Ross, no matter how you got there.

Back