New personal GS record!! 200kts

Somedudeintn

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
somedudeintn
I made the short xc flight this morning from KLZU to KDNN and back and thanks to some nice tailwinds hit 200kts GS. I know it's not that big of a deal, but after crawling out to dalton at 65-70kts it was nice to see that speed on the way back!

Anyone else enjoy some tailwinds today?

No flying for me today. There was an AIRMET and lots of PIREPs for mod-sev tubulence covering LI

No flying for me today. There was an AIRMET and lots of PIREPs for mod-sev tubulence covering LI

It was a mess around here this weekend...no flying although I did try to get out Saturday morning but my CFI and I decided against it.

Last Saturday in a 400 fpm descent I hit 154 kts GS, a personal best in my O300 172. I was cruising at 134 kts; what were you flying?

Diamond da20-c1. I was in a descent as well when I got the 200! Around 140kts ias in some smooth air.

I saw ~175kts GS yesterday going from RYY to WDR. About 100kts on the way back with a mag misfire.

Had a 40kt tailwind a few days ago. It's been turbulent the last few days.

I flew into RYY with a 30 knot headwind, but I enjoyed a good tailwind on Saturday. Both trips had turbulence, so I pulled the throttle back to keep it in the yellow arc. :sad:

There was an inversion layer at 4000 when I was up Saturday. Below was nice and bumpy. Above was smooth as glass. I figured that out descending into WDR at the yellow line and having to pull power to keep the speed down in the bumps.....didn't want to be like that KA 350 at MMH...:D

Back