New passport processing time:

kgruber

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Skywag
It was exactly 2 weeks from the time I dropped them in the mailbox till they arrived today. That is pretty good!!

I'm over two weeks waiting for my travel visa for India. Sheesh.

Oh yes, and BUMMER!! They no longer return your old passport.

Renewed mine a few months ago, also got a passport card for Canada and Mexico by land or sea for the extra $20, got my old passport back.

Disclaimer I did use a expediting service

You can always hope you never receive it.

I hear the foods good :dunno:

I hear the foods good :dunno:

Not really. It’s okay the first week and after that it’s just boring. I didn’t eat chicken for a couple years after I got back from India.

It comes separately but I think they still do.

Last time I renewed my passaport, about two years ago, the old passport came back to me about 4 weeks after the new one showed up. My wife even got her Philippine passport back when she got her first USA passport.

Got mine in about 4 hours at the regional printing facility about an hour from my front door. :D

Renewed mine a few months ago, also got a passport card for Canada and Mexico by land or sea for the extra $20, got my old passport back.

Same thing here about 1.5 years ago. Renewed my passport, got a passport card, and got my old one back.

Wow. I wish ATF would get a little schooling from from these guys.

Ugh, just look at ours. Mine is good, wife's is expired. Gotta get on it this week.

The State Department always seems to be pretty reasonable. I'm pretty sure they do pull the ones where you put a more immediate departure date up to the front of the line in order to make sure they get done. Amusingly, my wife's "never before had one" passport took less time than my renewal.

I applied to renew mine a few weeks ago. I had to go to the post office to apply because the old one expired something like forty years ago.

Yes, to renew by mail you have to have the copy of your old passport and it has to be within the past 15 years.

just renewed ours, less than 2 weeks turnaround, and old passports arrived a day or two later than the new ones.

I was able to get a first issue passport within a couple of weeks, although I paid to have it expedited. I found myself suddenly scheduled for a Canada trip and needed it.

I just renewed my passport through the State Department, not a third-party service. Normal service took about 2 weeks, and they did return my old passport in a separate envelope. Pretty impressive, really.

Seems after the Big Crunch over 2017 expirations, processing has gone from around four weeks (last Oct for me), to two weeks. As many have said, you do get the old one back separately.

Cheers

Yep last renewal I got three separate envelopes: one with the passport, one with the passport car, and one with my old passport.

Of course, it wasn't as bad as the catastrophe with my wife. They claim we didn't include her passport (we did). Had to go to the effort of cancelling it in the unlikely case that it was lost somewhere other than the State Department's mailroom and she had to go do the apply at the post office thing.

I renewed my New Zealand passport last year. 40 hours after I clicked "submit" on the online form, my new passport was sitting in my mailbox in Houston - having been mailed from NZ!

NZ apparently is more enlightened than the US. It's not possible to do passports online here.

Back