New Orleans airports

tsts4

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Auburntsts
So my sister is moving from Jefferson up to Kenner. Looking at the chart the new house is roughly equal distance to Lakefront to the East and St John the Baptist Parrish to the West. Any preference for one over the other? The first thing that pops out to me is the drive from Lakefront might be tougher at times.

Haven't been to Lakefront in years but fun to fly into, coming in over Lake Pontchartrain. Good facilities there. You could fly into NO International, really not that busy. The fees would get ya though I guess. Those are the only two I've flown into there.

More services at Lakefront, but easier in/out at JTB. I'd check them both out. Recommend Flightline First at Lakefront.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was at lakefront earlier this week...definitely agree that flight line first is the place to go on the field

Don't want to steal the thread. Which airport would be easiest to get to the city? Looking for reasonable hotel and transportation cost to the city. Thanks

Lakefront for sure for transport. Don't rent a car if you are just going to the city. Uber or a cab works (or if I'm out there I'll give you a lift).

JTB your only choice is a rental and parking in the city can be over $20/night.

KNEW is very nice with good services and food. The roads around there are in poor condition and the neighborhood is sketchy. It's a tiny drome compared with MSY, which has much more robust and legit taxi service to New Orleans proper. Beware the taxis and über due to recent spate of armed robberies and carjackings.

Stay away from MSY - cabs there are a minimum of $35 to the .25 and the gas is ridiculous.

Any cabs the FBOs at MSY call for you will be legit.

If you cab it from KNEW, be sure you use the cabs the FBOs call on the way back to the airport. There is supposed to be a flat rate to/from KNEW just like KMSY, but not all cabs do that.

Going to downtown/CBD/The Quarter cab/uber is the only way to go. Driving yourself is...well, a challenge.

Richman

And of course, there's always the Runway Cafe' at KNEW. Yum

Back