New LSA club in Connecticut now forming

aanderson81

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
aanderson81
Good Evening,

I apologize if this is the wrong location for this post.

After looking into LSA rental options in the CT area I decided to start investigating the option of starting an LSA club in the area.

I have been working with a gentleman that currently runs a small club in the area to organize the club and learn from his experience running his club over the years.

I already have received some positive interest with a few co-workers and have 2-3 people who are interested in the idea. Ideally we would like to have 6-8 members interested before officially investigating aircraft purchase options.

I have created a website for the club at ConnecticutLSA.com

If you have any interest or know anyone who may be interested please message me here or email me at aranderson@connecticutLSA.com

I'm not in the market (hmmm... taildragger would be fun), but more options are always good! Put the cub on skis for the winter time, and you've got a different plane that you can't rent anywhere else (besides KGBR). Can an LSA be aerobatic?

I hope this works out for you.

I'm not in the market (hmmm... taildragger would be fun), but more options are always good! Put the cub on skis for the winter time, and you've got a different plane that you can't rent anywhere else (besides KGBR). Can an LSA be aerobatic?

I hope this works out for you.

I dont think there are specific restrictions that prohibit an LSA from being aerobatic (but i havent specifically looked) but i think the tradeoffs to meet the other LSA requirements have limited manufacturers from making them aerobatic.

Looks like the Sonex is aero capable as well. I'd love to get some feedback on them for a possible choice.

Renting tailwheels out solo, you're a brave man IMO

Unless I trained the renter or know who did, or the renter is a AG guy, bush guy or acro guy (as in competes and places) I wouldn't let em even taxi solo.

YMMV

Looks like the Sonex is aero capable as well. I'd love to get some feedback on them for a possible choice.

I have a sonex that is about 99% finished over in colchester ct if you want to check one out in person. It should be flying sometime this summer. Pm me if you want to come try one on for size

Keith

I have a sonex that is about 99% finished over in colchester ct if you want to check one out in person. It should be flying sometime this summer. Pm me if you want to come try one on for size

Keith

Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on it some time.

As for current plans. I am heavily leaning towards purchasing an Ercoupe and using this for the club.

The advantage of this is that it should really keep costs down for the club.

I have reached out to get info about a hangar at Skylark and I am thinking that this will be a good location for the hangar.

If anyone is interested please reach out to me.

Keith - I'll take you up on the Sonex try-out offer too! I was in KEEN when the Sonex/Waiex guys had their fly in. Neat planes.

Back