New low time PPL - Fresno Area, anyone else?

yah00

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
Hey guys...

I have been following the forum for awhile, and decided I would drop in and introduce myself. Name here is Ben. I recently finished up my private pilot training and passed my checkride. I am very excited, and am looking forward to instrument training.

I was fortunate and had a bit of a unique PPL program, including several hours of upset recovery/tailwheel/aerobatics in a citabria out of KFAT. My training included the 172s, a cherokee, an alarus (I know), as well as the Citabira. I know most say to stick with one platform, however I wanted to experience multiple, however the majority of my hours are in a 172.

Currently renting a 172SP g1000 from a local FBO, price is very reasonable. If there is anyone else from the Fresno area, chime in!

If anyone is considering spin training or upset recovery, I say go for it! I think all pilots should be required to at least experience a few spins. Although I knew the procedure to recover, my first few really sucked. 60+ spins later, and it is now just another maneuver we fly in the Citabira.

Anyways guys, excited to be here. Just wanted to say hello.

Last edited:
And congrats on not doing the bare minimum :)

Back