New lawsuit against Boeing

PPC1052

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
PPC
A pilot has now sued Boeing alleging emotional distress and loss of income as a result of the 737 MAX situation. It's filed anonymously and as a class action.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/06/25/boeing-lawsuit-anonymous-pilot-737-max-faa/

I would normally say that this would have no chance of success for a number of technical reasons. But, this is filed in Illinois. So, who knows what their judicial system will do.

If that's his stance, he just denied himself ever getting a medical again. And if class action, no way he gets enough to retire. Here's your $1. 13

If I was a pilot who had been fired because of the terribly incompetent way that Boeing and the FAA managed the whole 737MAX project, I'd be pretty unhappy too.

What use is the incredibly onerous and overbearing process of FAA certification if you still end up with two crashed airliners, caused by horrendous systems design?

And if class action, no way he gets enough to retire. Here's your $1. 13
Not if you’re the principal plaintiff, all the secondary add ons (where you get a letter asking you to join), yes. But the lawyers gets $9998.87, so it’s a win for them.

I hope the pilot gets sued by his passengers the next time he flies through turbulence, and his passengers claim emotional distress.

Tom

Did you see on the news the woman who fell asleep on the airplane and woke up alone on the ramp? She is suing now because she is having night terrors and can't sleep from the incident..... I mean really. How does any self respecting judge let this crap fly?

I thought pilots were in high demand? I though pilots could be retrained to fly something else?

Aren't pilot unions supposed to sue for pilots?

This whole 737MAX thing reeks of trial via new media with few real facts.

If I was a pilot who had been fired because of the terribly incompetent way that Boeing and the FAA managed the whole 737MAX project, I'd be pretty unhappy too.

What use is the incredibly onerous and overbearing process of FAA certification if you still end up with two crashed airliners, caused by horrendous systems design?

Maybe. But that doesn't mean that it is actionable in a court of law. Although, in a Cook County, Illinois state court is a different matter.

Back