New Kittens in the Family!

inav8r

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Mike B.
Earlier this week, a neighborhood stray who has adopted us as her family decided to have her kittens in our garage. She hung around our house last fall & occasionally over the winter but this spring she's been around the house quite a bit. We knew she was pregnant but honestly we thought she was owned by someone because she was in such good condition (clean) and very well socialized.

According to my wife, starting sometime early Monday the momma cat followed my wife around quite a bit and was acting needy. We thought she might be having her kittens but we weren't certain.

Then sometime after supper she ran into our garage and claimed an empty cardboard box... We knew it was time. I made her a larger box and did whatever we could to make her more comfortable. She had her first kitten around 9:30 PM and when I went down to check on her Tue morning at 5:30 am she had a total of 5.

Momma and babies are doing well and are very happy!

Here are the pics!

Attachments

• IMG_4377.JPG
    IMG_4377.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_4379.JPG
    IMG_4379.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4384.JPG
    IMG_4384.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4387.JPG
    IMG_4387.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 37
Terrific! Now, I suggest you have momma spayed, but you may not have the overpopulation problem where you live.

Glad you're in Indiana and not western Washington. My wife would want to adopt one of them. Cute.

Terrific! Now, I suggest you have momma spayed, but you may not have the overpopulation problem where you live.

Agreed. Free-roaming cats spread fleas and kill wildlife. And not just rats and mice either, those are dangerous and cats aren't stupid. Songbirds are much easier kill. Not to mention it isn't healthy for the cats, they get into fights, run over by cars, attacked by dogs and children, and irrate neigbor tired of the late night caterwalling.

Well I do want one!!! Particualrly the almost black striped one... So cute!

Too bad I'm never home enough.

Yeah, all you have to do now is find homes for them.

They're cute, but the problem is, they grown up to be cats.:vomit:

Judy

I'd sure take one but they dont let us have animals here. I'm allowed my two gold fish, thats it. ...kinda gets lonely!

The Big Question is did you name them yet? (LOL)
Cause you know your keeping Momma cat .
Dave G.

They're cute, but the problem is, they grown up to be cats.:vomit:

Judy

Kind of the way I've felt all these years. But, after seeing my third snake in the yard so far this spring, I'm reconsidering getting one to at least discourage the things from slithering through my yard. The dogs aren't doing the trick! (not that I want them anywhere near the things anyway):no:

Kind of the way I've felt all these years. But, after seeing my third snake in the yard so far this spring, I'm reconsidering getting one to at least discourage the things from slithering through my yard. The dogs aren't doing the trick! (not that I want them anywhere near the things anyway):no:

So, what you'll end up with is what we have: periodic findings of partial snakes in the house, usually in Tommy's room. Tommy is Sarah the cat's pet boy, y'know.

And scattered bird parts with feathers.

And the occasional dead rat or (oh no!) baby bunny (with no pancake on its head).

So, what you'll end up with is what we have: periodic findings of partial snakes in the house, usually in Tommy's room. Tommy is Sarah the cat's pet boy, y'know.

And scattered bird parts with feathers.

And the occasional dead rat or (oh no!) baby bunny (with no pancake on its head).

Welll maybe not exactly. I'm afraid I'd end up with a pretty beat up kitty. I doubt my two Mal dogs will coexist with a cat in the house. If I did get one, it'd have to be an outside cat.

My mom had outside cats. They would leave snakes on the porch after they killed them. Talk about jump starting your morning as you take a step outside to see that thing coiled up at the door!:hairraise:

Oh... I sorta forgot about the dogs.

Back