New Job.

Just three more days and school starts. When school starts we go to a new schedule through Labor Day weekend. On the 18th I am going to take three lifeguards and open the 50 meter pool only for adult swim from 11-1:00, then close for the rest of the afternoon. I'll do that until Labor day weekend. So three more days of open swim. It has been a good summer. Friday I was officially offered the same position for next summer. Evidently I did OK. They also offered me my choice of several positions at the municipal indoor pool for the off season. I said that I wouldn't mind lifeguarding for lap swimming and water aerobics during the lunch time, which would be 11-1:00, two or three times a week, just to stay in the game. I was told that when spring comes around I will take a more active role in hiring staff, and getting things ready for the 2012 season at the aquatic center. So with a couple of weeks left, that is where I am at. I might also teach adult swim lessons, but maybe not. It just depends.

Just three more days and school starts. When school starts we go to a new schedule through Labor Day weekend. On the 18th I am going to take three lifeguards and open the 50 meter pool only for adult swim from 11-1:00, then close for the rest of the afternoon. I'll do that until Labor day weekend. So three more days of open swim. It has been a good summer. Friday I was officially offered the same position for next summer. Evidently I did OK. They also offered me my choice of several positions at the municipal indoor pool for the off season. I said that I wouldn't mind lifeguarding for lap swimming and water aerobics during the lunch time, which would be 11-1:00, two or three times a week, just to stay in the game. I was told that when spring comes around I will take a more active role in hiring staff, and getting things ready for the 2012 season at the aquatic center. So with a couple of weeks left, that is where I am at. I might also teach adult swim lessons, but maybe not. It just depends.

Good deal Max, congratulations!! :yesnod:

I got home yesterday from a lifeguard instructor course. Twenty-nine hours and forty-five minutes in three days. Twelve of those hours in the water. We ended up getting out fifteen minutes early, because we were a "good class." It was a very good course. Very challenging. I felt a lot stronger than I did when I took the first lifeguard class, which made me feel pretty good. I ended up with a bunch of Red Cross instructor's certifications when it was all done, not just lifeguard instructor. The city sent me to the class, so it looks like my duties and responsibilities are going to expand this spring. Before they sent me, they asked me to make a commitment to stick around for three or four more years. I told them that I planned on staying, but as I am 61 years old and my wife retired this year, I can't commit to anything. They sent me anyway. Now that they have sunk some money into me, I think that I'll ask for a little raise this summer.

Back