New in-ear headset from Bose

Price guess? $1349?

Price guess? $1349?

I watched the AvWeb video on it. Price is $999, it's targeted at turbine folks, as the noise reduction isn't as good as the A20.

I didn't watch the whole thing but it doesn't sound like they're targeting the GA market

I didn't watch the whole thing but it doesn't sound like they're targeting the GA market

they are not, think its targeted for Jet and other big boys. when asked about piston engine, the reply was yah its awesome noise cancelling bla bla bla ... but A20 is staying as a premium offering

I’ll need one of these once I start flying the Pilatus PC12. Thanks for sharing.

I’ll need one of these once I start flying the Pilatus PC12. Thanks for sharing.

If I were you I'd stick to the A20, that would be a better bet... this new headset is for fairly quiet cockpits. The PC12 is quieter than most piston on the flight deck, but it's not nearly as quiet as a jet.

If I were you I'd stick to the A20, that would be a better bet... this new headset is for fairly quiet cockpits. The PC12 is quieter than most piston on the flight deck, but it's not nearly as quiet as a jet.

I was more or less just trollin

LOL. You got me!

Was at sun n fun on opening day,they didn’t even mention the new headset

That headset would go really well with the epaulets on my shirts.

I watched the AvWeb video on it. Price is $999, it's targeted at turbine folks, as the noise reduction isn't as good as the A20.

I assume the single turbines are pretty loud, I also assume twin engine planes in general are quieter.
Are my assumptions correct? Has anyone actually measured noise levels?

I assume the single turbines are pretty loud, I also assume twin engine planes in general are quieter.
Are my assumptions correct? Has anyone actually measured noise levels?
I’m curious as well. I have an A20 and was looking to add another headset. I fly a B737 at work and a 210 at home.

The TBM I flew in was much more quite than a GA piston airplane with a Baron being in the middle. I tried the in ear set at OSH and was pretty impressed. Can't say for sure how well they work in the real world but in their booth I could only barely tell the difference between them and the A20. My biggest gripe was the band puts a pretty good pressure point on your head and the ear buds are somewhat tricky to get on.

The TBM I flew in was much more quite than a GA piston airplane with a Baron being in the middle. I tried the in ear set at OSH and was pretty impressed. Can't say for sure how well they work in the real world but in their booth I could only barely tell the difference between them and the A20. My biggest gripe was the band puts a pretty good pressure point on your head and the ear buds are somewhat tricky to get on.

I tried it at OSH as well and felt the same way. I’d love to hear from someone that has tried it in a GA airplane vs an A20.

I also tried them at Oshkosh and was also impressed. I then asked if they were offering a show price special. Ok, these weren’t his exact words, but my transition: “we don’t need to”. Figured I could be them later if I wanted to.

They don't realize it, but there attitude cost them. My wife wanted one for work, tried it out at the bose booth and was ready to buy. They wouldn't offer a show discount, wouldn't accept my cfi discount that I'd been saving for this, and wouldn't ship.

We walked over to sportys and bought one for the same price with free shipping. I'm sure bose sells them to sportys for less than 995, maybe 695 or even less, in which case they lost 300 bucks or so from us.

They made the sale at wholesale with sportys pocketing the difference and paying my shipping. Had they even met me half way they'd have had more money in their pocket.

I’ve heard from a few people tha bought this headset that they weren’t impressed. I think I’m going to stick with my Pro-X

I'd be interested in knowing how these are in a GA cockpit. I'm a tall dud, and I'd love to have an in-ear headset just for headroom.

they are not, think its targeted for Jet and other big boys. when asked about piston engine, the reply was yah its awesome noise cancelling bla bla bla ... but A20 is staying as a premium offering
The bad news is, I’ll probably never fly a jet that I think is quiet enough to not take all the noise protection I can get.

The good news is, I’ll probably never fly a jet that I think is quiet enough to not take all the noise protection I can get.

Just at first glance seems the worst of both worlds: in-the-ear AND head clamp.

We walked over to sportys and bought one for the same price with free shipping. I'm sure bose sells them to sportys for less than 995, maybe 695 or even less, in which case they lost 300 bucks or so from us.

There isn't anything even close to $300 margin on those. They are a "must carry" item and I'd be surprised if the vendors got much more than 10% at wholesale.

There isn't anything even close to $300 margin on those. They are a "must carry" item and I'd be surprised if the vendors got much more than 10% at wholesale.
Not to mention any sale at an air show is gravy. Doesn’t even cover their cost to be there.

Which really makes it worse since they destroyed their reason to be there with bad customer experience.

But they didn’t actually lose the customer, so why should they care?

Back