New houses next to airports class action suit

The name of the airport, "Neverland," was my first clue. The photos of neighborhoods being torn up and residents being relocated clinched the deal for me!

I read this all the way through EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. it is posted.

:D:D:D

The airport I learned to fly/instructed was always plagued with issues with the people building their McMansions off the end of the runway. They even got a AWOS station stopped because they said it would bring in "bigger and louder" aircraft. Their argument was that they moved in understanding that it would mainly be light singles flying around. Sadly, they even complained our little planes....some said that our exhaust was damaging their outdoor furniture and disrupting their "peaceful living." One guy even said they he watched a plane circling on downwind to check out his wife who was laying out. If you looked at a picture of our airport in the early 90s, there was barely a house within a mile. Our airport was also used on one of the first coast-to-coast cross country flights...so I'm guessing a vast majority moved in after the airport was built. LOL.

Ironically, I actually know of two airports where neighborhoods were torn down: SJC and LAX. Years ago, I drove through ex-neighborhoods off the ends of the runways where the only thing left was the street grids. However, I suspect those actions occurred through eminent domain proceedings rather than lawsuits.

Ironically, I actually know of two airports where neighborhoods were torn down: SJC and LAX. Years ago, I drove through ex-neighborhoods off the ends of the runways where the only thing left was the street grids. However, I suspect those actions occurred through eminent domain proceedings rather than lawsuits.

From my understanding, the Government has started buying up a bunch of land surrounding Luke AFB. In the last few decades the sprawl has gone out past the base, so I think they bought up to the land to stave off any noise issues. F-16s and F-35s aren't exactly quiet!

Back