Class action suit by local residents against airport.

It's a gag fake news article. There is a Neverland Field, but not in Ca but NY. It would take years and many court appeals to do something like this.

-David

Very funny, but based on a grain of truth. People build or move near existing airports, then complain about the airplane traffic. Happens everywhere, even in our rural little corner of the world.

This story has gone wild on FB.

How many know what "Sierra Hotel" means in navy lingo?

Very funny, but based on a grain of truth. People build or move near existing airports, then complain about the airplane traffic. Happens everywhere, even in our rural little corner of the world.
That kind of ruling would never happen in a million years. But I would be very happy with a judge ruling that the residents who bought homes near an airport need to shut up and live with it, or move.

That kind of ruling would never happen in a million years. But I would be very happy with a judge ruling that the residents who bought homes near an airport need to shut up and live with it, or move.

That will never happen in California.

Few years back I was at a work related social event in Carlsbad... one of my work colleagues was having a house warning barb-ba-que. The 5 year old home was a mile or so from KCRQ, and was of the new McMansions built in the past 10 years... The pattern was a little busy that Saturday afternoon, and the hostess was complaining about the noise and noted how the homeowners association was looking to do something and were very close to shutting the airport down... Of course not tipping my hand that I would rather be "doing bump and go around the dog patch" then listening to this idiot... I had asked... "if you knew the airport was there, why did you move here in the first place" Needles to say I think we were taken of the Christmas card list later that year..

Few years back I was at a work related social event in Carlsbad... one of my work colleagues was having a house warning barb-ba-que. The 5 year old home was a mile or so from KCRQ, and was of the new McMansions built in the past 10 years... The pattern was a little busy that Saturday afternoon, and the hostess was complaining about the noise and noted how the homeowners association was looking to do something and were very close to shutting the airport down... Of course not tipping my hand that I would rather be "doing bump and go around the dog patch" then listening to this idiot... I had asked... "if you knew the airport was there, why did you move here in the first place" Needles to say I think we were taken of the Christmas card list later that year..

Yeah, I've called out a few people for that same thing before as well. I have some sympathy for people who have an "annoyance" move in after they are already living somewhere but zero sympathy or tolerance for those who moved in when the annoyance was already there and then ***** and moan about it. It is a sort of self-centered ignorant attitude that is intolerable.

This story has gone wild on FB.

How many know what "Sierra Hotel" means in navy lingo?

Somebody made something up formatted as News to sell something, brilliant, why didn’t someone think of this before...er uh, wait, I think it has been done..

Caca Caliente

Last edited:
Nope. Never was in the Navy, and don't hang around Navy guys. No clue.

Well, Navy aviators are the best in the business. I suggest you start hanging around a better crowd. Maybe even a **** Hot crowd. ;)

Well, Navy aviators are the best in the business. I suggest you start hanging around a better crowd. Maybe even a **** Hot crowd. ;)
You never have to ask if a guy was a Navy pilot. He'll tell you soon enough. If it's a strictly professional relationship (as in, he's your airline pilot) you can usually tell when he drives it onto the runway like he's looking for the 3-wire.

We had a sewerage treatment plant that was located on a local golf course, the plant had been there for years. When we played golf you would occasionally get a whif of the plant, worse after a rain. Then the genius developer decided not to waste that part of the course and built $300K+ houses all around the plant, of course the owners complained! The real estate people told them the county was planning on putting a dome over it!! :p:p:p Finally, they bitched enough for the water authority to make some changes and reduce the smell!

You never have to ask if a guy was a Navy pilot. He'll tell you soon enough. If it's a strictly professional relationship (as in, he's your airline pilot) you can usually tell when he drives it onto the runway like he's looking for the 3-wire.
Now I get why my passengers asked if I was in the Navy. I never was, but I have Top Gun memorized. I fly boxes now.

Back