New Here......

farky

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
farky
Been lurking awhile, I've been bitten by the whatever that bites us and infects the human body with this burning desire to be anywhere as long as its in the air! :D I've only got a few hours so far as my schedule can be a little hard to work with but we'll get there eventually! I'm sure I'll have some questions and it looks like there are some knowledgeable experienced pilots on here. Look forward to learning!

Been lurking awhile, I've been bitten by the whatever that bites us and infects the human body with this burning desire to be anywhere as long as its in the air! :D I've only got a few hours so far as my schedule can be a little hard to work with but we'll get there eventually! I'm sure I'll have some questions and it looks like there are some knowledgeable experienced pilots on here. Look forward to learning!

Welcome!

Where are you based?

Keep training and you'll be in the air in no time!

I am in Southern Ohio, about 45 min south of Columbus. I am currently flying a 1972 140.

Good choice of words.

I have to ask...

Tell me about the 140.
I am familiar w 182, 172, 150/152 but I am not sure I realized there was a 140.

I thought it stopped at 150 on the low end. (current googling :) )

I have to ask...

Tell me about the 140.
I am familiar w 182, 172, 150/152 but I am not sure I realized there was a 140.

I thought it stopped at 150 on the low end. (current googling :) )

It's back when the tailwheels were put in the correct spot.:wink2:

120/140 was the first post-war Cessna, and the basis for the 150.

Maybe the gentleman isn't referencing a Cessna, but a Piper. ??

HR

Okay, that makes WAY more sense.
I feel stupid.

However, I am still researching the Cessna's. I really didn't know they went down to 120

A bit dated, but a great read which features the early Cessna 120/140 and the introduction of the 170/172.
I think this book has given lots of wannabes their push to move forward (though the cover shot is a Cardinal).

51du9URiaVL._SL500_SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

It's back when the tailwheels were put in the correct spot.:wink2:

120/140 was the first post-war Cessna, and the basis for the 150.

1948 C140 here...Airspeed, Compass, Turn Coordinator, Altimeter, and VSI. Everything else is just added weight!! :yes:

I am in Southern Ohio, about 45 min south of Columbus. I am currently flying a 1972 140.

Welcome, and enjoy your lessons. I just left the area, though, but am "enjoying" Central Ohio weather right now in Central Alabama. Climb rates are really, really. Ice when it's this cold.

Glad to see your having fun with it, don't worry the bug will get worse and eventually you will find a way to just shove the schedule aside.

Glad to see your having fun with it, don't worry the bug will get worse and eventually you will find a way to just shove the schedule aside.

Well if it was up to me I would have pushed the schedule around but when your in a partnership business it's not always that easy.....

Back