New here

CBeaulieu

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Corey
Hello,

I (finally) joined the POA boards a couple of weeks ago. I'm afraid to mention his name - but I know David White from another forum and he talked me into joining this one. It's been enjoyable so far - there's a ton of threads to read through during those slow times at work :rolleyes:.

Most call me Corey (some have other less-desireable things they call me) - I can be found bumming around the Augusta State Airport (KAUG) during my spare time. If anyone on here has been to AUG recently, I've probably seen you. In addition to my full time job in the IT Department of a financial institution, I also work line on Saturday mornings at AUG.

I have my PPL and plan on adding to that starting this fall.

Any other Mainers out there?

Interviewed for a job at Portland, but didn't get it. AUG is the start codon for most proteins. Welcome to POA!

Welcome to POA. Stick around, I think you'll find this a good group.

Yeah, we're all nice.

Welcome Corey... we won't hold it against you that you know the (in)famous Mr. White. ;) ;) ;)

Welcome Corey... we won't hold it against you that you know the (in)famous Mr. White. ;) ;) ;)

:rofl:

I was afraid to mention his name - didn't want to get off on the wrong foot. That lasting first impression and all.

Yeah, we're all nice.

And good looking. And above average.:D

Seriously though, I love your part of the country. Maine is a beautiful place. Wife and I try to get up there once a year. Harley Riech (Lawreston) lives up your way, based IWI.

Welcome to the playground.

It's such a broad title, IT. As long as he's not a Windows admin... Hahaha.

It's such a broad title, IT. As long as he's not a Windows admin... Hahaha.

I do a little of that, although I am still learning. :dunno:

Challenged - that would be my favorite Beech Sport (150hp). I sure do love the extra 30hp a Sundowner has to offer, though.

Thanks for the warm welcome, all.

Chip - Where abouts in Maine do you tend to visit?

A Wiscassett pilot, eh? I'll keep an eye out for him. He's only about 30 miles away.

We like Boothbay Harbor area, and the Inn at Boothbay Harbor right on he water. We also have friends who have a place on Peat's Isle near Portland. One day I may get a lake place up there though, maybe up near Moosehead Lake.
Love it up there.

Harley flies a 182, I believe.

Corey:

Used to do some summer fun at Prouts Neck (old family place). Warmest summer water temp was still ice-like!

---

Welcome to PoA!

We like Boothbay Harbor area, and the Inn at Boothbay Harbor right on he water. We also have friends who have a place on Peat's Isle near Portland. One day I may get a lake place up there though, maybe up near Moosehead Lake.
Love it up there.

Harley flies a 182, I believe.

Moosehead is great, very pretty country with a huge sea-plane fly in every year in early September.

Corey:

Used to do some summer fun at Prouts Neck (old family place). Warmest summer water temp was still ice-like!

---

Welcome to PoA!

Yeah, many lakes here are spring-fed. They don't warm up too much :).

Beaulieus out in Cali, Dave Taylor? Pretty cool.

Last edited:
It all started at MIF for me too pretty much the same way. Weekend line guy, instruction, charter, moving on to other things. Jeez that was a million years ago. Shirley, Bill and Dave S. were important players in my growth as a pilot. Lots of people came out of that operation flying everywhere you'll find airplanes. Enjoy the time with the Perrys and tell them John C. from way back in the day says hi!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

It all started at MIF for me too pretty much the same way. Weekend line guy, instruction, charter, moving on to other things. Jeez that was a million years ago. Shirley, Bill and Dave S. were important players in my growth as a pilot. Lots of people came out of that operation flying everywhere you'll find airplanes. Enjoy the time with the Perrys and tell them John C. from way back in the day says hi!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Hi John! Will do - all of the above mentioned names are still around! :)

I enjoy flying with Dave - he's a good pilot for sure, and a real expert on Beech.

Back