New Hangar Situation

SCCutler

Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Spike Cutler
After almost three years in my hangar on the east side of ADS, I am moving. A friend, one of the members of what I call the "Addison Airport Mafia," has purchased a hangar condo from an estate, and invited me to be part of the mix. It is a good setup, including an air-conditioned pilot lounge area, bathroom, shower and kitchen, and I'll be in a location with a lot of active pilots and interesting stuff going on. I think it's gonna be fun.

I am sharing the hangar with another Bonanza (painfully beautiful, with fresh paint), and a Baron.

http://picasaweb.google.com/sccutler/NewHangar#

These pictures don't do it justice, but I need to get a wide-angle-capable camera.

That's one hell of a man cave!. Nicely done Spike!

Wow! That looks like fun. The only down side is that it looks like you'll be having to do the airplane shuffle when you want to go flying. Probably worth the effort to be in the thick of things.

Most excellent man cave! Spike what is the groups policy about moving another plane to get yours out? Is it more aggrevation than the previous hangar moving two planes out then your then putting two back. Does the stacking rotate so you don't have to do the entire process over again when you return?

Very nice. I sure do hope the rearrangement of airplanes to get the one in the back out. Which the laws of inconvenience state will always be the one the one that needs to come out first, will not be too much of a pain in the neck.

Final arrangement of planes is not settled yet; mine was just slotted in last weekend when I taxied it over, but it is AOG for some minor maintenance, so no concerns just now.

Long-term, it's likely that the Baron will go in the back, leaving room for both Bos in front in an arrangement which would allow for either to be removed without disturbing the other. The Baron is being flown a lot just now, though, so it's in front.

I want your electric tow bar...:devil:

Final arrangement of planes is not settled yet; mine was just slotted in last weekend when I taxied it over, but it is AOG for some minor maintenance, so no concerns just now.

Long-term, it's likely that the Baron will go in the back, leaving room for both Bos in front in an arrangement which would allow for either to be removed without disturbing the other. The Baron is being flown a lot just now, though, so it's in front.

Looks like Beechcraft Heaven. Sweet. :D :cheerswine:

Hey Spike,

Is the guy's name Dennis Miller? If so, I know him he has a hangar here in Alpine for sale. We considered buying it but he's asking more than we're willing to give so now we're considering building one... Anyway, if it's Dennis then that's good.... he's a nice guy far as I know. And he has been in Addison for a long time.

J

I can confirm that the new digs are indeed fine. Not only that, Cutler's decision to move across the field raised the average IQ on both sides of the airport.

Can it really be called a man cave if it lacks the essentials, like a bar? And a urinal?

Can it really be called a man cave if it lacks the essentials, like a bar? And a urinal?

i agree. plus it needs at least a bed so he has somewhere to go when Celia sees how much he's paying for the place.

Not to mention the bar and bathroom need to be installed before he hosts his first PoA flyin/party.

Dear Admins,

It is with great displeasure that I read this latest thread in the Flight Following forum. It is clear to me that of all possible threads, no other thread in this history of this board would be more aptly put in the "Hangar Talk" forum.

....and I also have to admit, it is a hell of a nice hangar. :)

Chris

Dear Admins,

It is with great displeasure that I read this latest thread in the Flight Following forum. It is clear to me that of all possible threads, no other thread in this history of this board would be more aptly put in the "Hangar Talk" forum.

....and I also have to admit, it is a hell of a nice hangar. :)

Chris

(Chuckle).

I did not EVEN think of that! :tongue:

That looks really great, Spike. Can't wait to see it live and in person.

Which the sane people refer to as Hell. :D

There are all different versions of sanity. Plane ownership, whether its Brand C, P, B, M, G, etc ain't one of them. :D

Back