New Hampshire Blows

That wind story probably came about the way great fishing stories do and now it is forever on record. lol

Last edited:
Allegedly the windiest place on earth, and I believe they hold the record for strongest wind ever recorded. Nice pic, cheers

Yeah, the sign was sort of critical in understanding my thread title. :cool:

The wind was only 52 mph yesterday when we were there. I was disappointed as it’d probably only take about 60 mph to blow my 89 pound wife over. :D

Ya! I notice you are standing on the LEE side of the building.
We went up there last year. I got a kick out of some teenagers on the deck, they would jump straight up to see how far the wind would blow them to where they would land.

Not only wind ,but they’ve had snow already. Do like the avionics man from Concord.

It’s been a while since I’ve been on top of the mountain. Looking forward to taking my granddaughters up the Cog Railway.

But, But, But, I thought Chicago was the windy city. Actually, that's because of the politicians from there. I think it's actually Garden City, KS, that is the windiest city in the US. My father's best friend said "the only time the wind stops blowing in KS is to change direction." (And sometimes it doesn't stop to change direction.)

Also, what's considered a light breeze in KS would be a gale force wind anywhere else in the US. I think the only reason KS doesn't hold the wind speed record is that the wind blew so hard it broke the wind speedometer.:)

New Hampshire is awesome. The winter can kind of drag on sometimes, but the rest of the seasons make up for it.

Also, what's considered a light breeze in KS would be a gale force wind anywhere else in the US. I think the only reason KS doesn't hold the wind speed record is that the wind blew so hard it broke the wind speedometer.:)

If I remember correctly, the Mt. Washington anemometer broke at 231 mph. The peak wind was likely somewhat higher! :yikes:

If that's true, that factoid should be included in the above referenced sign, as in, ". . .before it malfunctioned!"

Back