New Ford Bronco

Well, that's what I saw at Ford's website, at least for the base model. I didn't go through all the different models, and we're not buying one first thing anyway. So I guess I'll hold off joy or despair a while longer. :)

Weird, I went back and checked. The base model does list the automatic for the 4 door. Some of the other trims do list the manual for the 4 door.

That doesn't make much sense, but ok Ford.

Weird, I went back and checked. The base model does list the automatic for the 4 door. Some of the other trims do list the manual for the 4 door.

That doesn't make much sense, but ok Ford.

Well, as long as some trims are available that way, then there is still hope.

I dig it. I wouldn’t spend 30,000 for a base model, but I think that the prices of most new cars are insane. I love the interior and I think Ford really captured the spirit of the original with it.

I don't think we can be friends....

Full disclosure, I once owned an equinox and thought it looked great. :p
I have a 2014 Equinox with the v6 and awd. Has 81,000 miles on it. Doesn't have a single squeak or rattle and has never been in the shop for anything but an oil change and new set of tires. May be the best car I've ever owned (including my Mercedes GLE 350 4matic). I know it's a GM pos but it has been a great pos for me. Starts every time and gets me to my hangar no problem.:yes:

Narrow-track trucks/SUVs have a lot going for them on many trails. Unless you need the wide stance for desert racing, being 6-8 inches narrower than a full size really helps on a lot of trails (and reduces door scratches).

Reduce door scratches? I really don't care about such things. My Jeep Wrangler is a JEEP. Mud is its normal color (I wash it every few years or so, but living in the PNW it does get rained on). Door scratches just aren't in the category of something I care about. Perhaps also because the Wrangler is 21 years old? :D

Well at least it isn’t a “Blazer”. Wow. Fugly.

9ed77ccb5c424d56046634bfcf7091ef.jpg

Well at least it isn’t a “Blazer”. Wow. Fugly.

9ed77ccb5c424d56046634bfcf7091ef.jpg

Not the Blazer we needed, but the Blazer we deserved. :)

When I was a little kid, younger than my kids are now (so late 80s) one of my cousins had an S-10 Blazer. I remember he had it and not much beyond that, he bought a new Isuzu Trooper in 1990. I don’t think many feel positive thoughts about the early S10 Blazers.

Not the Blazer we needed, but the Blazer we deserved. :)

When I was a little kid, younger than my kids are now (so late 80s) one of my cousins had an S-10 Blazer. I remember he had it and not much beyond that, he bought a new Isuzu Trooper in 1990. I don’t think many feel positive thoughts about the early S10 Blazers.
My sister had a '96 S-10 blazer for her first car. Thin g rattled like crazy, the side view mirrors always seemed to get loose/break, and the end result of that vehicle was the camshaft snapping one night on her way back to college (western Oklahoma). I had to drive up from norman and limp that thing an hour while she drove my car behind me. It sounded like a crowbar in a trashcan and would not get above 40mph (while on I-40). Dad and I brought a trailer up the next weekend and managed to get it to roll downhill onto the trailer. I think that's the last we saw of it, lol.

Back