New Ford Bronco debut July 9 ...

Looks like a nice 4WD. Probably "fits like a glove!"
Brilliant marketing, I must say.
Perhaps they'll make a hot-rod road version; it could be called the Slasher, and it could be offered in white. With red spots.

Brilliant marketing, I must say.
Perhaps they'll make a hot-rod road version; it could be called the Slasher, and it could be offered in white. With red spots.

Betcha the debut version is white.

The guy is innocent, so there's no harm, right?

I've been keeping a casual eye on the new Bronco. it seems like it has some real promise to be a good rig, but we'll see...

I've been watching Ford's "progress" on this for YEARS and am very excited about it! I completely understand the necessity to compete with Jeep, but I was hopeful it would be more like the previous full size versions that could at least pull a small travel trailer or ski boat. It does appear from the multiple leaks that Ford has done a fine job of building a capable off roader.

I've been watching Ford's "progress" on this for YEARS and am very excited about it! I completely understand the necessity to compete with Jeep, but I was hopeful it would be more like the previous full size versions that could at least pull a small travel trailer or ski boat. It does appear from the multiple leaks that Ford has done a fine job of building a capable off roader.
I could see that conflicting with the exploder, but it is exciting

If I didn't need something with a strong V8/diesel to pull a couple of trailers, I'd probably have already visited the local Ford dealership and put my name on one. The original concept Ford showed us was really neat!

bronco.jpg

On the first concepts I saw, it looked like an old Bronco.... what I'm seeing now looks like another SUV. Are they making the 2 door version at all?

Remember the Ford Centurion?
four-door-ford-bronco.jpg

They are building a 4-door and 2-door version. Below is a leaked pic, so we can take that for what it's worth.

2021-Ford-Bronco-Two-Door-Leak-March-2020-Yellow.jpg

On the first concepts I saw, it looked like an old Bronco.... what I'm seeing now looks like another SUV. Are they making the 2 door version at all?

Remember the Ford Centurion?
four-door-ford-bronco.jpg
The C-15 and C-35 are still pretty good looking SUVs. Id rather have an Excursion if I were going that route, but the Centurions are still highly sought after.

I could see that conflicting with the exploder, but it is exciting
How could a body on frame purpose built off-road vehicle conflict with a unibody soccer mom vehicle?

In two wing capacity, size, number of seats.

Most buyers won’t look at construction methods

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How could a body on frame purpose built off-road vehicle conflict with a unibody soccer mom vehicle?
The new Explorer is rear-drive based. Body-on-frame is a fancy way to have a heavier vehicle that isn't as stiff. Easier to do crazy mods to, but beyond that, no advantage to a proper monocoque.

It would be even better if its self driving so you can sit in back during an off road adventure or a low speed freeway chase. Al would be optional.

The new Explorer is rear-drive based. Body-on-frame is a fancy way to have a heavier vehicle that isn't as stiff. Easier to do crazy mods to, but beyond that, no advantage to a proper monocoque.
Except tow rating will typically be much higher on a body on frame vehicle. Case in point: explorer rated at max tow 5,600 lbs. Dodge Durango = 7,400 lbs. Almost identical horsepower, wheelbase, etc.

Even more irony (this thread)...the chase was today June 17th :)

Back