New England Spring meet-up, 5/7

Cajun_Flyer

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Cajun Flyer
KGON has a brand new restaurant on the field that is supposed to be pretty good. Was thinking about hitting that up, but open to other suggestions.

Let me know if you intend to join.

Sunday, May 7th @ 11:30

I'm in. Will be flying down from 7B2 if anyone wants to join.

I'm going to try to focus my plane time to IFR training instead if fun flights. We'll see how that goes.

I'm down. I've been working on my commercial so not as many fun flights for me lately. Time to change that. Looking forward to it. @azure, you and your Cardinal be ready by then?

Probably not. I talked to the FBO at KMPV on Sunday and was told my plane was on deck behind the owner's plane for annual. He expected mine would be in the shop by next weekend, but of course no guarantees, and you know whose plane has priority. :rolleyes:

Then there's the OMB and the BasicMed situation. I'll be one of the first in once the checklist is released, but by May 7? Doubt it. And anyway, my insurance wants 5 hours of dual before I can fly it solo since I had zero hours last year.

I'm hoping I can show at the Wings FlyBQ in late May, but even that one's a stretch, I'm beginning to think. :(

Probably not. I talked to the FBO at KMPV on Sunday and was told my plane was on deck behind the owner's plane for annual. He expected mine would be in the shop by next weekend, but of course no guarantees, and you know whose plane has priority. :rolleyes:

Then there's the OMB and the BasicMed situation. I'll be one of the first in once the checklist is released, but by May 7? Doubt it. And anyway, my insurance wants 5 hours of dual before I can fly it solo since I had zero hours last year.

I'm hoping I can show at the Wings FlyBQ in late May, but even that one's a stretch, I'm beginning to think. :(

Well at least there is progress! Sorry to hear bout all the trouble :(

Keep us updated and when you are cleared to fly we should arrange a special fly in at a location of your choosing!

I'm going to try to focus my plane time to IFR training instead if fun flights. We'll see how that goes.

I need to get some approaches done soon and will need a safety pilot. Let me know if you'd ever be around- I'll pick you up @ Hampton and you even get a free hour of time to log, not to mention the experience of how NOT to do it :D

Well at least there is progress! Sorry to hear bout all the trouble :(

Keep us updated and when you are cleared to fly we should arrange a special fly in at a location of your choosing!
That's a deal! :)

Not to hijack, just curious about something. If one is almost constantly banned on POA, is that person also banned from attending POA fly-in/meets? It is POA sanctioned right?

:popcorn:

Not to hijack, just curious about something. If one is almost constantly banned on POA, is that person also banned from attending POA fly-in/meets? It is POA sanctioned right?

Most of the New England ones are on the New England Pilots facebook page as well. If you are not an #sshole you are pretty much welcome. Everyone at the meets has been really nice and pleasant so far.

Most of the New England ones are on the New England Pilots facebook page as well. If you are not an #sshole you are pretty much welcome. Everyone at the meets has been really nice and pleasant so far.

Are you calling me an #sshole?!

upload_2017-4-22_9-48-17.png

Im going to try to make it. a plane freed up, so unless I have to work (won't find out till last minute) Ill be there. I don't think my wife will be able to come. last week of grad school, so she's under a lot of pressure.

Great, @Wrench978 ! Between here and the FB group, we have 6 people joining next Sunday.

If anyone else would like to come along, please do!

Nah. The banned and the prevuosly banned are the A list

Any coming from west and south be aware of the Presidential TFR centered on Bedminster NJ (near KSMQ). Scheduled for the 4th through the 7th.

Any coming from west and south be aware of the Presidential TFR centered on Bedminster NJ (near KSMQ). Scheduled for the 4th through the 7th.
Looks like a series of TFRs stretching from AllenTown to the middle of Long Island.

@Cajun_Flyer, it just clicked in my mind that there is nothing to connect my screen name here and my Facebook profile. I won't be able to make it to this lunch. it would end up costing me a little more that I can afford right now. sorry! hopefully next time

Unfortunately I too am out tomorrow. Last minute call out for working tomorrow leaves me holding down my store. I should be me more like @azblackbird and have the business run itself but I'm too dumb to figure out how! :D

Hope you guys have fun. If the wx is nice you guys should also fly the 6nm out to 0b8. The island is a ghost town but it has a really nice short intersecting runway and you can walk across the runway and see the ocean and small beach.

BTW be sure to take some pics!

Have fun and I promise I'll make the next one.

Unfortunately I too am out tomorrow. Last minute call out for working tomorrow leaves me holding down my store. I should be me more like @azblackbird and have the business run itself but I'm too dumb to figure out how! :D
@neilw2 PM me off board with your contact info and maybe I can help you out. Self sustaining businesses don't have anything to do with being "too dumb" to figure it out. You just have to be willing to work your ass off for awhile to get them to that point. I've found through many years of experience that most people just aren't that willing to do the required work.;)

@neilw2 PM me off board with your contact info and maybe I can help you out. Self sustaining businesses don't have anything to do with being "too dumb" to figure it out. You just have to be willing to work your ass off for awhile to get them to that point. I've found through many years of experience that most people just aren't that willing to do the required work.;)

In my experience as a business owner for the last 5 years of successful retail pharmacy there is no substitute for the owner. It is the only way I've found to ensure your product doesn't suffer. No one is quite as good with my customers and my money as myself and my partners!

It sucks working all the hours but at least I can control how my business runs while keeping my employees somewhat on point.

Ok, with two folks here cancelling and one guy on FB cancelling, I'm just going to go do a morning xc breakfast run elsewhere. Maybe we'll have better luck another day.

In my experience as a business owner for the last 5 years of successful retail pharmacy there is no substitute for the owner. It is the only way I've found to ensure your product doesn't suffer. No one is quite as good with my customers and my money as myself and my partners! It sucks working all the hours but at least I can control how my business runs while keeping my employees somewhat on point.
Gotcha... I understand your situation. I could suggest taking some of that business online, but there's already tons of players in that market who have the volume discounts and have been doing it for a very long time. Unfortunately the wheel in that genre has already been invented. As long as you keep that personal "hometown" touch you'll do very well. :thumbsup:

Back