New Diamond Twin

Hope they can actually sell some of these. I remember thinking both the DA50 and DA52 looked pretty sweet but so far nothing on either. I gather that this DA62 is really just a renamed and tweaked DA52...

Dear Diamond,

Please actually make this plane.

Thank you

MachFly

This time, make it pressurised so it can actually be a true all weather aircraft.

Is it a bad sign that the article links to the company website, which in turn gives the message "Bandwidth Exceeded"?

I think he saw the "all weather" part of the post but missed "pressurized" and thought it was referring to IFR certification, which the 40 and 42 have, but the 20 does not due to lack of lightening strike certification.

They are pretty productive in announcing stuff.

You got the $1.2MM+ this thing is gonna cost?

No. However I am hoping that someone who does have it, will buy one and let me fly it.

Isn't that how most of us get to fly good and expensive aircraft?

Last edited:
This time, make it pressurised so it can actually be a true all weather aircraft.

They only had that problem with the early 20s. It was fixed in the 40 and 42.

Disregard that comment, misread your post.

Now that I did reread your post...what does pressurization have to do with all weather capability?

Last edited:
Altitude to get above it.

What kinda depends what's the weather. In certain rare cases you'd need a U-2, while in other cases ability to get to 2,000ft is enough.
If you really want an aircraft with all weather capability then you need to get a jet or turboprop to have a hot wing. You can't expect a light piston twin to have all weather capability.

Even jets and turbo props aren't "all weather".

That's exactly my point. The reason why I brought it up is to say that is as close as it gets, you can't expect a piston light twin to be anywhere near "all weather."

No. However I am hoping that someone who does have it, will buy one and let me fly it.

Isn't that how most of us get to fly good and expensive aircraft?

Can I fly your King Air? :D

Wow... They worked quickly on this one. The DA62 is now EASA certified, is supposed to show up at Sun 'n' Fun next week, and deliveries are supposed to start later this year!

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/Diamond-DA62-Twin-Now-EASA-Certified-223874-1.html

Over a million Euro, that's Baron pricing for less load and speed, but I guess they are staying under the 4400lb or whatever GW break for the IFR fee schedule they have in Europe. That's why the later Senecas have a process to lower their gross weight.

Over a million Euro, that's Baron pricing for less load and speed, but I guess they are staying under the 4400lb or whatever GW break for the IFR fee schedule they have in Europe. That's why the later Senecas have a process to lower their gross weight.

Don't forget the diesel factor, if 100LL is really as internationally rare as they say it is.

EASA certification is much quicker than FAA certification these days. It's a smarter backdoor entry into FAA certification as they have a mutual recognition program. Do it here in FAA land and it will drag on for 10 years and bankrupt anyone who tries, it seems.

Exactly... that's what they are doing with the Flight Design C4. They made the mistake of thinking the Part 23 re-write was actually going to happen quickly, which put them behind on the project. Now they'll do the EASA thing and hope for a reciprocal arrangement.

Back