New Commercial Pilot...

akpilot907

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
citabriav8tr
:goofy:Well, Fairbanks, Alaska now has a new Commercial pilot... Licensed comical pilot... Licensed to Fly and tell a joke at the same time, while being paid!

After 3 weeks of delays, weather, examiner rescheduling, work conflict... We found this weekend to workout... With interior Alaska only having 3 1/2 hours of day light (11am - 3pm ish sunset) We started the oral session at 8am, finished 3 hours later... Jumped in the plane with an OAT of +2*F... Brrrrr....

It was cold... Thats all I can say, preflighting an airplane in the cold while being watched by a DPE takes, Forever!!! Anyways... We took off, started the route, broke off 15 or so miles, did some steep bank turns, stalls, slow flight... The usual...

Did one Chandelle and two 8 around pylons... An emergency decent and land... headed back to Intl for some pattern work... The hardest part was ATC swaping us from one runway to another while in the pattern... Makes it difficult when you have to glide further over in an engine out accuracy landing... But I did it... Feels good not to pay $300/hr... Ouch! :hairraise:

Attachments

• 1546239_10205541183913045_501415420980777664_n.jpg
    1546239_10205541183913045_501415420980777664_n.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 53
Congrats!

Now go forth and make some money :yes:

That looks ... cold. :hairraise: Congrats!

Good job bud.... now get out of the AF and get back to Alaska so you can fly either a red or yellow C-207 out of Bethel, aka BetHell

And yea... I remember those checkrides done at night, well actually 4pm, but well after sundown.

And where is your hat and gloves..?? :nono: :lol::lol::lol:

Good job bud.... now get out of the AF and get back to Alaska so you can fly either a red or yellow C-207 out of Bethel, aka BetHell

And yea... I remember those checkrides done at night, well actually 4pm, but well after sundown.

And where is your hat and gloves..?? :nono: :lol::lol::lol:

I know right!?! Air Force is trying to get rid of people... I stick my hand up and they say... :no:

I'd like to fly For Everet's or Wrights Air...

Hats and gloves? What hat and gloves... This is Alaska, we tough! I love the feeling of cold metal fusing to you fingers :hairraise:

Back