New Citabria video

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
Here is the newest Citabria video. This one was particularly fun to make for several reasons. It was a challenge, and it was something new and different. This video is a form of personal expression. Please don’t judge it (or my aerobatics) for quality. I’m not trying to compete with “One Six Right”. I just hope you enjoy it as an art form. The other airplane in the video is kinda fun to watch too.

A whole slew of disclaimers follows:

The cameraman was not the PIC. The pilot of the camera airplane has flown aerobatics with me, is an air show pilot and has done formation aerobatics in air shows, has raced at Reno for many, many years and is very safety-conscious. We had a thorough pre-flight briefing. We were always safe, always in communication, and always legal. Most of the shots were taken zoomed in, so objects were not as close as they appeared to be. This is not a training video. And one more thing…don’t try this at home. Well, that should cover it.

Thank you to Joe Areeda for hosting the video on his server. Joe you are a sweetheart!!! :blowingkisses:

Thank you to Stephen Gray for his support and for his having faith in me, and for his trusting me to be careful and safe while having fun.

http://www.areeda.com/flying/dr/CitabriaAloft.wmv

This video is dedicated to my many mentors. Thanks to all of you!

Way cool, Diana. You have way too much fun on that farm of yours.

Diana - that was beautiful! I love watching aerobatics from outside. Almost as good as seeing it from inside!

Still got to get down there one of these days...

Diana, that was very nicely done.
Your farm is truly one of The Good Life places in the world...

Awesome Video Diana!

Looks Like you guys were having a blast!!

Best,

Diana, Great video! I'm loving the start I'm getting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Diana,

What a great video. Hard to believe that's the same pilot who wasn't sure she wanted to do a roll. That was really fun to watch.

Awesome Diana! So graceful and aerobatic. :D

Thanks for sharing!

Diana, Just saw your latest video. Must say that the P.O.V. in the air is definitely better than watching from the ground.
I only wish I had some videos with this P.O.V. on the subject of maneuvers for my future students to see.

But hey! Now I do!!!

You're just Awsome! ( a word used too much these days, and it's meaning has become distorted) I mean that, in the original sense of the word.

Charlie

As always Diana a Happy Place. Great video the Air to Air actually added to the beauty. Hope I can make to Gastons to go upside down again.

Awesome Video Diana!

Looks Like you guys were having a blast!!

Best,
Thanks Rudy! Hey, when do you leave town? If you have time before I leave in May, let's go flying! :yes:

Diana,

What a great video. Hard to believe that's the same pilot who wasn't sure she wanted to do a roll.
See what you did? :D

Maybe if I'm really, really, really nice I might get another ride in an Extra someday. :)

Besides, if someone does aerobatics over my farm without giving me a ride, they are in (to use an Adam Zucker phrase) deep doo. :D

A very nice video with some very well executed maneuvers.
It has a kind of etherial grace which is good for the soul.
I cannot believe how much you have progressed over a relatively short period of time. I love your confidence and control. The music complimented the visuals so well.
Congratulations on some great flying and a very good video presentation.
Stephen.

A very nice video with some very well executed maneuvers.
It has a kind of ethereal grace which is good for the soul.
I cannot believe how much you have progressed over a relatively short period of time. I love your confidence and control. The music complimented the visuals so well.
Congratulations on some great flying and a very good video presentation.
Stephen.
Stephen, thank you so much for the kind words, and for the compliments. You were the inspiration for the music I chose for this video. Thank you for everything. :cheerswine:

Diana, I would love to hear about your discovery of aerobatics....it seems aerobatics has brought you out of your shell, no?

When I see a video like that I wonder if buying a Mooney is the right move. I can sense a aerobatic plane in my future. Thanks for sharing your great video!!

Thanks Rudy! Hey, when do you leave town? If you have time before I leave in May, let's go flying! :yes:

I don't leave until the first of June, whatever date works for you would be great.

Let me know!

I always enjoy your videos Diana. They're very inspirational.

Here's an article I wrote for Sport Aerobatics about that very thing:

http://www.areeda.com/flying/dr/ManySplendoredThing.pdf

OK, I have to admit it...

Diana, I have an entire folder dedicated to you on my hard drive. It's in my "movies" folder 'cuz that's what was in there, but I saved that article too. What a great story! :)

I've just gotten a taste of Vitamin G - Two flights with Chip in the Extra, and a couple of barrel rolls and loops in a Stearman. I can't wait to do more spins, loops, rolls, and hammerheads. I also am really hoping to do some sustained inverted flight so that I can get more comfortable with it, and learn more maneuvers. :goofy:

I sure wish I had easy access to an aerobatic plane. :(

I always enjoy your videos Diana. They're very inspirational.
Thanks Sheri! I'm hoping we will get to fly together at Gaston's...I'm glad to see that you are planning to come.

Diana, I have an entire folder dedicated to you on my hard drive.
Wow. :redface: Well, aren't you sweet! I'm flattered Kent.

It's in my "movies" folder 'cuz that's what was in there, but I saved that article too. What a great story! :)

Thank you! Actually, it's Chip's fault (again!). :D He asked me to write an article for our local EAA chapter newsletter and he helped shape the article. Then Ken Ibold polished it up for the magazine. So those guys really deserve a lot of credit. :yes:

Since we're on a roll (not an aileron roll, btw :D ), here is a thread about the second article for Sport Aerobatics:

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6447

It was kinda neat having input from people here on our forum in this article. I really appreciated having Stephen and Gil contribute their professional wisdom.

I've just gotten a taste of Vitamin G - Two flights with Chip in the Extra, and a couple of barrel rolls and loops in a Stearman. I can't wait to do more spins, loops, rolls, and hammerheads. I also am really hoping to do some sustained inverted flight so that I can get more comfortable with it, and learn more maneuvers. :goofy:

I sure wish I had easy access to an aerobatic plane. :(
Someday Kent, it will happen for you. :yes:

Someday Kent, it will happen for you. :yes:

I vote for... Tomorrow! :D

Actually, I'm dangerously close to being able to buy an airplane... I just have absolutely no idea what. I like going places and I'd love to do aerobatics, but very few planes can do both of those reasonably well. SF260 or Fury come to mind, but those aren't cheap. :no:

Maybe I'll have to get a Pitts. When I go places in it and my butt starts to ache, I'll just roll inverted for a while. :D

Actually, I'm dangerously close to being able to buy an airplane... I just have absolutely no idea what. I like going places and I'd love to do aerobatics, but very few planes can do both of those reasonably well.

Well, there is always the aerobatic Bonanza. Stephen Gray (Bonanza) has one. A guy is going to fly one in the air show at OSH this year.

Maybe I'll have to get a Pitts. When I go places in it and my butt starts to ache, I'll just roll inverted for a while. :D
:D You could ask Ken Ibold how well that worked for him. :D

Well, there is always the aerobatic Bonanza. Stephen Gray (Bonanza) has one. A guy is going to fly one in the air show at OSH this year.

I thought, from reading Wikipedia, that there were only about 36 aerobatic Bonanzas ever made? Bo's already seem to have a price premium over similar birds, so frankly I'm not very interested in 'em. :no:

Yet. :D

:D You could ask Ken Ibold how well that worked for him. :D

Yeah, I was thinking of Ken... But how much of his trip was spent inverted? :rofl:

Thanks Sheri! I'm hoping we will get to fly together at Gaston's...I'm glad to see that you are planning to come.

That would be great!!! I don't currently have any desire to DO what you do; I just want to LOOK at it. Of course................... the last time I said that I drove home in a new truck. :D

Such a graceful video, very nice. What freedom! To be able to gracefully fly thru the sky and do your own thing, what a privilege.

Back