New Carry on Rules from American Airlines

alaskaflyer said:
Yep, maybe we can plug all the security holes. We can just stop going anywhere, with anything. Or maybe we can dig little holes in the ground and cower in them.
Naw, just ban people from the airlines altogether. Airplanes don't kill people, people kill people.:vomit:

on the local fox channel this am, they were at one of the airports today talking to people about what they had in their carry on bags while they waited to go through security. scarey stuff. one women went right through with all her nail polishes and lip stuff in her purse. another had one of those re-useable freeze packs to keep her food and drink cold! it probably held a pint of liquid. but this was the worst, one woman with kids (not infants) had a small vinyl cooler with maybe eight bottles of assorted drinks and foods like applesauce and peanut butter for the kids. she said she thought she'd just try and get it through and if they made her toss it out she's out a couple bucks. they filmed her stuff going through security, she picked up the cooler on the otherside and turned and waved to the camera. yeah, thats yer security hard at work! heaven help us.

btw, we can do all we want, but how ya going to stop the skinny guy from wrapping a belt of explosives around his waste? or better yet, the flat chested woman from buying the 40DD bra and doing the same? and why waste a perfectly good terrorist? i read recently that a korean airliner was bombed in-flight back in the 80's with a bomb wired to an alarm clock that went through checked baggage. how hard is that to slip through when we only screen 15% of the bags and have noway of detecting the explosives anyway! imho, tc

Last edited:
tom clark said:
i read recently that a korean airliner was bombed in-flight back in the 80's with a bomb wired to an alarm clock that went through checked baggage. how hard is that to slip through when we only screen 15% of the bags and have noway of detecting the explosives anyway! imho, tc

I recall seeing some FAA clip of hardened cargo hold containers that can withstand exposions. I know they dont use them everywhere (like on RJ's and such), and I don't know how strong they are, but it's something.

Back