New Burger King Commercial

Look at all those burgers. Where has he been my whole life.

I had heard of this commercial. Doesn't make me want to buy either any more than normal.

I had heard of this commercial. Doesn't make me want to buy either any more than normal.

Makes me want to buy both of them less which is difficult as I never drink Bud nor do I eat at BK. I can't see such nonsense being a valuable marketing tool.

I’d be the first to admit I’m a crotchety old fart.....but that commercial is just f’ing stooopid. Is this what appeals to ‘Murica these days?
.....guess so based on current trends.

Just commented to Teresa tonight that I am glad we’ve not procreated.

I’d be the first to admit I’m a crotchety old fart.....but that commercial is just f’ing stooopid. Is this what appeals to ‘Murica these days?
.....guess so based on current trends.

Just commented to Teresa tonight that I am glad we’ve not procreated.

The original Budweiser comercial this is based on is so old its 4:3 Standard Def rather than 16:9 HD. That part made me feel old.

That Mountain Dew commercial has to be the dumbest commercial I have ever seen. If that is what motivates society to buy their products, we have a serious problem.

That Mountain Dew commercial has to be the dumbest commercial I have ever seen. If that is what motivates society to buy their products, we have a serious problem.

Nobody buys anything from super bowl commercials.

Heck nobody really buys anything from normal commercials. It’s just an industry that does as much marketing to companies about how effective it is, than anything.

“See? You sold stuff that’s been available for 30 years! Our ads must be working!”

Anyone really seen anything on a commercial since the internet became a household tool that they said “Oh I’ve never heard of that product and must have one!”?

I can’t think of anything.

Who hasn’t had that moment where they’re talking to a Boomer or older who excitedly tells you about some product you knew was available a year before from the Internet because they “just saw an ad for this new thing!”

You’re trying not to yawn, and already know there’s three new competitors to the Widget already in the market and the price has come down already by half. The ads are being run to try to keep sales growth going and the hockey stick top from forming.

Thing is, if I see an old Mountain Dew commercial and I am thirsty I just might buy one. On the other hand if I see that stupid monkey commercial I’m definitely not buying one. It seems to offend ones intelligence

Last edited:
It does seem to be the era of stupid commercials.

Back