New Bose Headset?

I was at Sun n Fun Friday and did the A20 > Delta Zulu trade with Sarasota. Got a $600 credit for my BT A20 and a nifty lightweight jacket from Lightspeed. I have to say I think the Delta Zulu out does the A20 on many levels. Rechargeable battery pack that's good for 30+ hours, can charge in flight if you have a USB port. The hearing feature allows you to program an equalizer curve to your specs in each ear and the CO2 detector is good for 10 years (which is way more than the Sensorcon i have now). A few other features like recording audio that I don't care about. Only thing I don't like so far is the case is huge compared to the Bose.

Rechargeable battery pack that's good for 30+ hours, can charge in flight if you have a USB port.
If you have the panel power (LEMO) version, the battery will charge whenever receiving aircraft power as well.

I found my rechargeable batteries last about 45 hours in the A20s, never considered have to replace them a burden, I carry extra ones in the case.

I found my rechargeable batteries last about 45 hours in the A20s, never considered have to replace them a burden, I carry extra ones in the case.
I also carry spares in the case. But there was this one time that I was on approach and the case was in the back...

I try to check the color of the LED every time I power on the headset and while in cruise but the discharge curve seems to go pretty quick from green to red to dead with rechargeable batteries.

I keep meaning to check the longer lasting "Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA" batteries. Have you ever timed the life on those on the A20s?

I keep meaning to check the longer lasting "Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA" batteries. Have you ever timed the life on those on the A20s?

Those things are excellent. I get about 80 flight hours per pair. And I never power down the headset after a flight (not sure how quick the A20s are to "timeout"), so I could see a careful pilot getting close to 100.

I keep 4 AA batteries in my iPad bag or in the plane, never really had an issue with batteries. I lost my A20 BT headset when someone swapped it for a non-BT model in the hangar!! I’d like to get BT again, but it might be a used A20 with BT.

Ok, so my dad bought the a-30's and tried them out. Hated them so much we swapped on the way back. The a-30s are very comfortable. However, the noise cancelling selection is all but useless in the pa32. Even on mid setting it was like turning it off. The sound quality with the noise cancelling on high seems fine, but it does sound weird compared to the a20's and Lightspeeds. Don't really have a way to describe it besides weird. But the reason they're getting sent back, if you turn your head, talk, or clench your jaw, you get that noise like someone just rolled down the window in a car. I think the clamping force is so light it breaks the seal and is really annoying. No amount of adjusting I could do in the air was able to resolve the issue. No bueno.

Back