New BBQ sliders from.....White Castle???

giphy.gif

In my younger days, I could put away some White Castle hamburgers. Nowadays, I don’t think I would survive the experience!
Just make sure you have a toilet close by.

White Castle was the very first ''restaurant'' I was kicked out of.....

How can you leave us hanging like that? Do tell....

It really isn't much of a story, but here goes.

I wasn't the only one asked to leave. There was 4 of us. We had spent a week racing a few different tracks somewhere in Indiana and actually won a good chunk of the local money to take back to Texas with us. While we were there we had heard that White Castle was a really good hamburger joint, so when we saw one we stopped.

Ok, we bought a bag full of the reported delicacies only to find out it was nothing but baloney in a biscuit..... During our fit of laughter, we started throwing the things at each other and we got a little carried away.

Well, those people had never seen some Texas boys having fun before. Sometime during our little fun time every one in the dining area had departed.

Now is the time to describe Allan. Allan is the biggest man I have ever seen. Huge head, no neck, massive shoulders, longer than normal arms and hands large enough to wear as a hat. He was not tall, and not fat. He was just XXL. His upper arms were larger than my thighs. Allan cannot be described as a handsome man, but he was an absolute mad man in a race car. He drove like there was no tomorrow. He was not afraid of anything, but he was a gentle giant.

Back to the story.... The manager came running out, pounded his fist on the table, and in a not friendly voice he told us to leave, NOW.!!

Allan stood up and told the manager that White Castle has the crappiest food he had ever eaten. Now Allan had spent 2 years in Vietnam, Republic of, during the time of unpleasantness there and he had eaten crappy food before. Allan also kindly explained that he was not about to listen to any twig boy tell him what to do.

The manager almost died from fright when Allan stood up. He was visibly shaken. I am sure he thought that that moment was going to be his last on earth. The tone of his voice changed. A lot. As in it went up an octave or three. He had to clear his throat several times before he could talk again. The manager then explained to us in a squeaky but pleasant voice that we were too loud and we were scaring his customers. He told us he would gladly give us our money back so we could eat somewhere else.

Allan was insulted. He pointed his finger at the manager and told him to keep the money and buy real food to serve. Then he looked at us and said lets get outta here and turned for the door. As we turned to follow him, I could not resist temptation. I beaned Allan in the back of his head with one of those tasty little morsels. He twisted around, pointed his finger in my face and in a loud voice said, ''I'm gonna kick your a$$ when we get outside, you unnerstan' me.??'' Even though I knew he was just having a little fun, I still peed a little....

As we walked out the door, I turned to make sure no one was following us. I saw the manager was sitting in a booth, head in his hand, probably very glad to see us go. We did kind of make a mess in the dinning area....

The folks at Wendy's were much friendlier.

It really isn't much of a story, but here goes.

It's actually a terrific story, with interesting well-developed characters, a setting the reader can relate to, a conflict, a resolution, and all so very well described.

It really isn't much of a story, but here goes...
You are waaaaaaay too modest. I'd have to say, you are one of the PoA'ers I'd be eager to meet in real life. If I ever meet you in person, be prepared for awkward silence until I can get more stories out of you.

I grew up in Alabama, where we had the Southern version of a White Castle, called Krystal. I've only had White Castle a couple times, and it was okay (as far as cheap little burgers go), but I LOVE me some Krystals. Every time I go back to the South to visit family, I have to stop at a Krystal (or several) and get me a sackful of those little burgers, fries, and some chili.

Wish we had them in Colorado. Maybe after I get my PPL, I can fly over to Arkansas just for some Krystals! Now THERE'S a $100 hamburger!

I grew up in Alabama, where we had the Southern version of a White Castle, called Krystal. I've only had White Castle a couple times, and it was okay (as far as cheap little burgers go), but I LOVE me some Krystals. Every time I go back to the South to visit family, I have to stop at a Krystal (or several) and get me a sackful of those little burgers, fries, and some chili.

Wish we had them in Colorado. Maybe after I get my PPL, I can fly over to Arkansas just for some Krystals! Now THERE'S a $100 hamburger!

Krystals is an awesome diet plan.... Within an hour you are ****ting your guts out.

I ain't allowed no White Castles unless momma is outta town.

Back