New Aviation TV Series Coming in 2010

Looks good- from the trailer, I see a predominance of Canadian locations; is this the plan for the series going forward?

In any event, congratulations on the PBS distribution deal.

Oh now that's just great! :mad3: Now we are gonna have every "wanna be" who thinks they can fly taking flying lessons and buying fuel, raising the prices, renting hangers (rent's go up), aircraft rental rates will go up, ect, ect, ect.

Wait a minute....... the reason I wanted to start flying is becuase I watched Sky King in the 50's!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_King

http://www.fiftiesweb.com/tv/sky-king.htm

Last edited:
...and WhirlyBirds!

Sky King was a cool show. I also watched Ripcord a lot, a couple of crime-fighting adventurer guys. Neat old (well, new at the time) 210 on that show...

Trapper John

Don't you just hate it when your date falls out of the open door in your 172?

And can you believe they were flying without parachutes???

Oh, the humanity!

Last edited:
I may have to go out and buy a television now...

-Rich

Looks good- from the trailer, I see a predominance of Canadian locations; is this the plan for the series going forward?

In any event, congratulations on the PBS distribution deal.

Since our production company is based in Canada it was easiest to shoot footage for the trailer in both Toronto and Vancouver where our crews are based.

The Aviators is a NORTH AMERICAN show. We will certainly maintain a Canadian perspective on things (given that that's who we are) but we will be shooting segments throughout the US.

In fact, we will be at AirVenture in Oshkosh this July shooting segments (with thanks to the EAA)! Feel free to come by the "Canadian Corner" where we will be set up!

Anthony

THE AVIATORS is an exciting new television series that will hit broadcast TV across North America in 2010. Join the Facebook group, visit the official site at http://www.TheAviators.TV, watch the promo trailer, and tell your friends!!!
Has Avweb given their permission for you to directly copy their content into your "Aviation News" section?

Ron Wanttaja

Has Avweb given their permission for you to directly copy their content into your "Aviation News" section?

Ron Wanttaja
Relax Ron. Avweb not only approves of this but provides a method and instructions for doing it: http://www.avweb.com/rss/

It took me under 30 seconds to find that page.

It should be a good series. I was a fan of Bush Flying that used to be on the Outdoor Channel (I think).

Wait a minute....... the reason I wanted to start flying is becuase I watched Sky King in the 50's!

Well, and you wanted to date Penny. :D

Sky King was a cool show. I also watched Ripcord a lot, a couple of crime-fighting adventurer guys. Neat old (well, new at the time) 210 on that show...

Trapper John

I had forgotten about that one. But I recall that I must have watched it.

...and WhirlyBirds!

Oh, yeah. And that great Bell 47 that they flew. There was even a plastic model of it that you could get, probably with enough box tops of some cereal. Wish I still had that. :D

Don't you just hate it when your date falls out of the open door in your 172?

And can you believe they were flying without parachutes???

Really... some people just don't get it- if you won't bother to use the seatbelts, be sure to wear a parachute!! :rolleyes: :D

For extra credit...The Whirlybirds usually flew a Bell 47G, but they had a second helicopter. What was it?

For extra credit...The Whirlybirds usually flew a Bell 47G, but they had a second helicopter. What was it?

Whatever that follow-on with a more solidly enclosed cockpit was.

Why do I remember this stuff from when I was a little kid?

Anthony, what's the best way for us to find out if our local PBS station has agreed to show The Aviators? I've sent an email to KERA in Dallas/Ft. Worth inquiring if they will be, or not... and asking that they do!

Of course. We have all the best scenery, the best pilots, the best...:D

Dan

Anthony, what's the best way for us to find out if our local PBS station has agreed to show The Aviators? I've sent an email to KERA in Dallas/Ft. Worth inquiring if they will be, or not... and asking that they do!

The show's availability to affiliates is expected to be announced to them in Q2 2010. They will then decide if and when on their own schedules.

Your best bet is to subscribe to our Update List at www.TheAviators.TV and we keep you informed of broadcast and distribution news when there is some.

Preview 2 is going to be released Christmas Day and then we plan on releasing more previews every month until the broadcast premiere.

Anthony

The Aviators: PREVIEW 2 RELEASED

The second preview of the coming television series The Aviators has just been officially released and can be viewed at the show's official website at http://www.TheAviators.TV. In the month of November alone, immediately following the release of the first preview, the website received almost half a million hits.

This preview features correspondent Kurtis Arnold and his interview with air show legend Julie Clark. The segment includes some amazing in-cockpit footage.

The Preview 3 release date has been set for February 13th, 2010 - Chuck Yeager's birthday!

There's a lot to update you all on since my last posting. The show is set to premiere this September on Public Television Stations all across the US and on network television in Canada.

The World Premiere will take place at AirVenture 2010 where we'll be promoting the show and filming for season two. We'd love to see you at our huge display in Aeroshell Square's hangar "C".

Both AOPA and EAA are officially supporting the show and we in turn hope the show can lend support to the cause of the preservation and advancement of general aviation.

We look forward to seeing many of you at OSH, at the premiere, and in cyberspace once the show starts airing in September.

Onward and upward!

Anthony Nalli

Executive Producer
"The Aviators"

Lookin' Forward to it!

Anthony,

That looks really great, and its been a long time since there has been a TV series focused on aviation. The Discovery Channel has doen some stuff, but there "Wings" channel is, well, history.

Please keep us posted.

WORLD PREMIERE OF THE AVIATORS MOVED TO AIRVENTURE'S THEATRE IN THE WOODS

The first public showing of The Aviators: Episode One will now be held at the famous Theatre in the Woods on Friday, July 30th (followed by Gary Sinise and the Lt. Dan Band).

An ENCORE of the premiere will again be shown in the Theatre in the Woods on Saturday, July 31st (followed by Grammy winners "Asleep at the Wheel")

We'd like to invite our fans to join us at the premiere to finally enjoy the most anticipated aviation television show in a decade along with thousands of our closest friends in aviation!

Question: Is it being produced in HD format? (please say yes, please say yes!!!!)

Back