New article about ADS-B states 88% compliance

According to the January 2019 FAA registry, there are 294,000 aircraft in the US. The annual FAA survey says 75% of these are active, so that's about 220,000 aircraft. According to the FAA graphic, then, about half have ADS-B out.

Ron Wanttaja

I like ADS-B and was an adopter when the GTX-345 came out. Panel mounted "In" was important for me and the type of flying I like to do. I'm also in a congested area with Mode C veil where I fly and fly through frequently.

Flying across the US occasionally; getting TFR's, weather, and traffic has made flying more enjoyable. Glad to have jumped in when the av shops were looking for work and the FAA rebates were available. Probably saved $1500 in all with the rebate and escalating prices for equipment and labor. Also a plus was upgrading to a new transponder replacing the old King unit.Also nice not having one more accessory like the Stratus device to fumble with and keep charged. Others who don't mind extra accessories in the cockpit or don't like ADS-B, have a point of view as well. I'm just glad the whole thing is done for my plane.

-David

Last edited:
Back