New AOPA V-Ref

Ventucky Red

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Jon
Anyone here played with it this far? Coming up with some weird values after I start inputting some numbers; is goes "wonky" on me.

Discuss?

I tried it, it takes some getting use to did one value on the new system then on the old system not sure what I did wrong as the value was quite a bit off. I do like the more choice of listing options, that might be the big change. I am sure the naysayers depending on if you are buying or selling will jump in and find everything wrong with it, as for me I have not played with it enough to make a informed recommendation.

Still seeing "stol" as if there's only one choice. Only lists new engine upgrades. No mention of G5, G3X, G500, Aspen, etc. I still see a lot if value put on an HSI that's mechanical even if they sell for far, far less.

It's a useful tool, just very incomplete.

I tried it, it takes some getting use to did one value on the new system then on the old system not sure what I did wrong as the value was quite a bit off. I do like the more choice of listing options, that might be the big change. I am sure the naysayers depending on if you are buying or selling will jump in and find everything wrong with it, as for me I have not played with it enough to make a informed recommendation.

Agreed. There seems to be something not quite correct in the new system, or it is most likely operator error. I put my Tiger in and got a very unrealistic number on the high side. It appears the interior condition is way out of whack in that it appears to consider the interior like a corporate jet, not a 4 seater in my case. Need to play with it some more to see what I am doing wrong. The old system is much more realistic. Hope they don’t do away with it.

This version vRef version on AOPA is a downgraded version. The full vRef subscription includes much more in terms of options with associated valuations.

I just tried the new AOPA VREF website (I think it went live today), and I don't think it's ready for prime time :) It was estimating an overhaul price of $50,000 for an Archer, and when I valued my plane (taking in to account the overstated overhaul price), it only came out to be $63,000...that's a LOT lower than what I expected it to be, considering the upgrades I have. It does have a comprehensive list of equipment options compared to the previous version, though.

Just went on the AOPA site can't get the free VREF function to load. I keep getting sent to the subscription page. AOPA not making things easy. Every other page asks for renewal or donations.

Yeh - something is definitely off. I just plugged in my TTAF and TSMOH and it said, essentially, if a dealer were to sell it, the dealer would have to pay a buyer $1,352 to have the buyer take it off their hands.

...In that case, put me down for a baker's dozen, Bob :cool:

Now that's real stimulus I can get behind.

Honest question:

Anybody ever seen anything sell for anywhere close to whatever version of V-Ref spit out, anywhere?

I never have.

Went on the site last night. The system is still not working correctly. My valuation for my Tiger is much much lower than it was for the old original version AOPA had just a couple of months back. Basically, what they have now is a POS.

The full subscription version of vRef has a lot more capability than the free version to AOPA members. Like cars, the value references are closer to real the later and more factory stock the model. vRef is pretty accurate for 182T's and less so for early models. Kind of like buying classic cars, condition and provenance weigh heavy. Rare combinations of STC's weigh big. I've been offered way over vRef for my plane where the sum of the STC's out weigh the resale of the individual STC's. It's basically a 1 of 1 aircraft in terrific condition and presentation. The intangibles are difficult to quantify on a resale pricing guide.

Back