New Amsterdam

Lindberg

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Lindberg
Does one of you write this show? Just watched the season premire and it could have come from some of the psych posts in the medical forum here.

The episode starts with an airliner going down in the river. The captain (who is uninjured) has no memory of the flight or crash, but It turns out that he is bipolar with previous suicide attempts.

In fictionland, this is ok with the FAA as long as he takes his meds.
But after the crash, the NTSB is "unfairly" targeting him as the cause of the crash on a theory that there was nothing wrong with the plane and it was a suicide attempt. (This is all determined within hours of the crash.) The NTSB investigator even brings the FBI to the hospital to arrest him.

It's up to the brilliant doctors/aviation experts to figure out that the captain actually saved everyone on board by crashing into the river in order to recover from a failed airspeed indicator.

Yeah sometimes I crank out an episode in my spare time.

Never seen the show, but from the ads it doesn't look interesting to me.

No. But I rode the Nieuw Amsterdam from Hoboken to Rotterdam in 1955.
iu

My wife was watching that Friday evening while I was making dinner. It seems to be pretty much like any other one of the medical drama shows, ER I think started the trend.

Seems to me that this is the 2nd or third TV series named "New Amsterdam."

Ron Wanttaja

If you are politically progressive type, you’ll love it. Almost every episode I’ve seen contains a storyline about how the private health care system is broken. And I think every character is in some way living a non traditional life style.

I watched the first episode of "Scorpion" which featured 'aviation', and several episodes of the new MacGyver. If there's anything TV does right it's sure not anything involving aviation. (Or computers, or guns, or medicine, or reality...)

I watched the first episode of "Scorpion" which featured 'aviation', and several episodes of the new MacGyver. If there's anything TV does right it's sure not anything involving aviation. (Or computers, or guns, or medicine, or reality...)
That’s the whole point of tv... an escape from reality. That’s why it’s so damn irritating when Hollywood people try to be serious. They generally have no idea what they are talking about and should just stop.

My wife was watching it again this evening. With all the stuff that happens at that hospital, they should call it "New Amsterdamned".

I don't really care about the inaccuracies of shows like that. It's entertainment, not a documentary.

But when they become so obnoxiously preachy....<click!>

Back