New Airplane!!!

rsnowden

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Beau Snowden
New airplane!! I sold my Cherokee back in November so I could start looking for new cross country plane. My plan was to buy a Mooney 201, then looked at Bonanza and end up buying a Saratoga. It took a while but I couldn't be happier. It may not be the most efficient for fastest plane out there, but with a family, it's hard to beat the room of a Saratoga. Looking forward to many hours in this plane!

Congratulations!
:needpics:

John

Good point, here you go. . .

Attachments

• Front right.jpg
    Front right.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 216
  • Plane 1.png
    Plane 1.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 178
  • Doors.png
    Doors.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 187
Very nice! If you are ever around the area I'd like a ride:D

Awesome. Congrats.

Nice looking Saratoga!

I flew a 'Toga for a couple of years and it is a really great airplane. Congratulations on the new ride!

Abram Finkelstein
N48KY

Congrats ,great family airplane. Good resale value when the family gets older.

Congrats Beau!! Where are you going to base your new ride?

Congrats! Saratoga is a fine airplane. We rented a normally-aspirated Saratoga for several family and business trips in the '90s, and to this day my wife says that's her favorite airplane. In 1985 a friend of mine was looking to move up from an Archer II to a Centurion. I suggested he look at Saratogas instead. He wound up buying a factory new '85 Turbo Saratoga. He still has it.

Congrats!!! Welcome to the Toga family. I fly a 1980 toga.

Welcome to the family, I too bought one in February. Just hauled clan from Colorado to San Diego and back. It was blast and reinforced that I made the right decision.

Enjoy, what avionics you get with it?

I live in Memphis, TN and keep the plane at the Downtown Memphis Airport called Dewitt Spain (M01).

Okie182 - It has a Garmin 430, King HSI and a King KFC-200 w/ flight director. A bit dated but can easily be updated. It has an old King KNS-80 RNAV/DME that I was planning to pull but would love to get input from anyone who has experience with it. If there is any reason I should not pull it to make room in my panel, I would love to hear it.

I am excited the plane has air-conditioning and living in Memphis, air-conditioning make all the difference in the world. Sitting on the tarmac sweating in July and August can be miserable and dangerous. It's a heavy system but well worth it.

If there are any Toga pilots out there with advise I am all ears.

Okie182 - It has a Garmin 430, King HSI and a King KFC-200 w/ flight director. A bit dated but can easily be updated. It has an old King KNS-80 RNAV/DME that I was planning to pull but would love to get input from anyone who has experience with it. If there is any reason I should not pull it to make room in my panel, I would love to hear it.

I am excited the plane has air-conditioning and living in Memphis, air-conditioning make all the difference in the world. Sitting on the tarmac sweating in July and August can be miserable and dangerous. It's a heavy system but well worth it.

If there are any Toga pilots out there with advise I am all ears.

Sounds nice to me! I'm flying my first 530 in mine, also has 200. My 2002 T182T had kln 94, I'm definitely happier with the 530 but wish I had my altitude select with my KFC 150.

Hey it could be a lot worse. It had been just over 10 years since I had accrued close to 300 hours in a 1969 Cherokee six. Flying my 98 toga is like riding a bike again. Simple and gentle to fly!

Looks like a nice bird!

Back