New Addition

Teller1900

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
I am a dad!
Time to change my name from Teller1900 to Daddy1900! The wife is 12 weeks 4 days, today. The doctor says everything is looking great and she's right on track for an ETA of 16 May.

Attachments

• IMAG0421.jpg
    IMAG0421.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
Congratulations! What an adventure you are on!

Why didn't you tell me when I saw you?

Congratulations, anyways! Two pregnant POAer husbands - you and SkyHog (or am I missing another one)?

Get ready for the best adventure you can imagine. This will fully explain "the miracle of life".
Congrats.

Time to change my name from Teller1900 to Daddy1900! The wife is 12 weeks 4 days, today. The doctor says everything is looking great and she's right on track for an ETA of 16 May.

Mazel Tov! Being a dad is the hardest but best job in the world! I do have to say however that your timing sucks since you will miss another FlyBQ. Guess your following in Porky's footsteps on that one.

Kids are the best!:D

Congratulations, anyways! Two pregnant POAer husbands - you and SkyHog (or am I missing another one)?

Uh perhaps because he just met you.:lol:

How old until they can reach the yoke? The rudders?

My daughters have flown with me since they were 4. Now 7, Ally will hold the chart and yoke, but is far from reaching the pedals. A few more years and a few more growth spurts and she'll get there.

Congrats Daddy1900! Awesome news!

Mazel Tov! Being a dad is the hardest but best job in the world! I do have to say however that your timing sucks since you will miss another FlyBQ. Guess your following in Porky's footsteps on that one.

Uh perhaps because he just met you.:lol:

Adam, I've met him before.

Congrats! That's awesome news.

Just make sure that, when she goes for her first flying lesson in a 172, she doesn't ask the instructor why the controls are facing the wrong direction. ;)

Thank you very much, everyone, we're both quite excited!

Have you decided what you might name the child?
The wife said hush-hush until today's appointment...I MUST obey!

He and I are the only two that I know of, unless Tony and Leah are holding out on us! :D

We do have names picked out. At least, if it's a boy...if it's a girl there's still a bit of a debate (or coin flip) to go.

Toda raba, Adam!
Ahhh damnit! Poor planning; I didn't even think of that. I don't suppose there are any good neo-natal hospitals near Wings?? :rofl:
My daughters have flown with me since they were 4. Now 7, Ally will hold the chart and yoke, but is far from reaching the pedals. A few more years and a few more growth spurts and she'll get there.

Congrats Daddy1900! Awesome news!
Thanks Rob! That's exactly what I'm hoping for; something tells me my wife isn't quite as excited about that idea. :no:

Did you file a flight plan?

Congratulations! I hope it's as good a thing for you as it has been for me.

Did you file a flight plan?

Congratulations! I hope it's as good a thing for you as it has been for me.
Thanks Tim. No, no flight plan to speak of. More of a pop-up IFR clearance...it wasn't completely planned, but we figured something might brew up.

Good looking kid... er, which end is which again?
:D

Congrats!! :cheerswine:

:rofl::rofl: Now that's funny right there! At least it looks a little more like a person this time than at the 8 week ultrasound...it looked more like Kermit the Frog's kid than mine.

natural_parenting.png

{sent to me by my daughter just prior to the arrival of her daughter 9/27/2011}

then there's this one

babies.png

Last edited:
Congratulations! Catch up on your sleep, because you won't be getting much one the kid is hatched. :D

Oh, are you in for a wonderful, life changing experience. One you won't exchange for anything in the world. Best of luck to you both. And enjoy. They grow up so fast you'll wonder what happened.

Congrats, Matt!

Nothing like proving you're a member of the mile high club... :rofl:

being in Denver and all....

Great news, Matt!!!! Congratulations

Being a father is the toughest job you'll ever love.

Adam, I've met him before.

Yeah twice doesn't seem to be the litmus test for pregnancy announcments.

He and I are the only two that I know of, unless Tony and Leah are holding out on us! :D

Actually Chris Jones' wife is pregnant about 40 weeks now but she hasn't even told Chris:lol:

Toda raba, Adam!
Ahhh damnit! Poor planning; I didn't even think of that. I don't suppose there are any good neo-natal hospitals near Wings?? :rofl:

Actually there are some fantastic ones but something tells me that is not what Janelle has in mind.:rolleyes: Were going to have to start to modify things a bit in the future to accomdate for little ones that unless of course your wife wants to stay home and ship you off for a weekend:wink2:

ah Matt, no secrets here... 3 gliders, 3 boats, and a cat are plenty of excitement for the Condon household

Actually Chris Jones' wife is pregnant about 40 weeks now but she hasn't even told Chris:lol:

THAT'S what's going on!? I thought she was just putting on a few extra winter pounds, but obviously I wasn't going to say anything about it to her... ;)

Actually, we are sitting at D-day +2 and in true Jones fashion, the kid is running late. Luckily, the hospital has cable TV, so I shouldn't have a problem getting the Bama-LSU game tomorrow if he chooses such an inconvenient time to make his appearance. :D

Congrats, Matt and wife! May your nights be long and her heartburn be minimal (for both of your sakes ;)).

Congrats, Matt! Here's to you and Junelle having a smooth, safe, and easy pregnancy/delivery!

Cheers.

Actually there are some fantastic ones but something tells me that is not what Janelle has in mind.:rolleyes: Were going to have to start to modify things a bit in the future to accomdate for little ones that unless of course your wife wants to stay home and ship you off for a weekend:wink2:

Aww, come on... I've delivered 13 babies and still have the catcher's mitt and the salad spoons, and there are other REAL doctors on the board, and with the hospitals close by... What could possibly go wrong?

"I am intimately familiar with him. We've had tea!"
-quoted from the movie "Cassanova"

Aww, come on... I've delivered 13 babies and still have the catcher's mitt and the salad spoons, and there are other REAL doctors on the board, and with the hospitals close by... What could possibly go wrong?

13 is a very unlucky number. How have you delivered so many babies?

:rofl:

Congratulations from me too. :thumbsup:
Thanks Mari!
{sent to me by my daughter just prior to the arrival of her daughter 9/27/2011}

then there's this one
Oh man, those are excellent! And probably fairly accurate to us...

Congrats, Matt!

Nothing like proving you're a member of the mile high club... :rofl:

being in Denver and all....
:rofl: Good point! Do we get those little lapel pins now?

No, I don't think that's what she has in mind! In fact, I'm fairly certain if I suggest it I WILL see what a peanut butter jar looks like up close, at 90mph.

Oh I'm sure she won't mind me going off to the other coast to talk airplanes with my friends while she's home alone with the kid. I see no problems with that idea, at all! :rofl:

THAT'S what's going on!? I thought she was just putting on a few extra winter pounds, but obviously I wasn't going to say anything about it to her... ;)

Actually, we are sitting at D-day +2 and in true Jones fashion, the kid is running late. Luckily, the hospital has cable TV, so I shouldn't have a problem getting the Bama-LSU game tomorrow if he chooses such an inconvenient time to make his appearance. :D

Congrats, Matt and wife! May your nights be long and her heartburn be minimal (for both of your sakes ;)).
Thanks Chris, good luck to you guys, too! Hopefully she pops soon; for her own sanity. :yesnod:

I'll let YOU tell my wife that a baseball mitt is now in her birthing plan. :hairraise:

Back